Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen-1 1999 Sienna $700, rust free southern vehicle
I've been running synthetic oil as long as I owned it(15+ years), but the sludge got it anyway.
Starts, runs, but makes noise if you accelerate hard.

Virtually new set of tires, plus the full size spare.
Glass headlights, not the yellowing and foggy plastic ones.
New door handles installed.
Rear hatch release modification performed (about a year after I was purchased me) for a permanent and seamless repair.
---------How many of your rear hatch releases last 14+ years.

Buy it for the parts you need, and drag the rest across the scale to get some of your $$ back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still available?
It IS still available. You appear to be a fair distance away though. Unless the Toronto that you hail from isn't in Canada.
I've seen vehicles that lived in the Great Lakes region. The road salt sure does take it's toll on the cars up there. Parts unbolt much easier down here too. Exhaust systems last about as long as the vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey yes I am from up north Canada. Toronto is in Canada. 🌎
Unfortunately the vehicles here get rusted, much faster than the states, because of the amount of salt, and the long winters.
I thought you were close to the border. Buffalo ny. If it was those cities close to the the border it would be only 2 hours drive.
You seem very far not worth to travel for a part.
Can you post some pictures of your sienna. I'm looking for a driver side sun visor. I purchased one from the scrapyard but I thought all the first gen siennas have the same sun visor... I thought wrong. 1998-2000. Different from 2001-2003.
20200507_133722.jpg
20200507_133722.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see the pigeons sure like your Sienna. You'll need to go much farther south than Buffalo NY to get to rust free vehicles. If you do find one that was brought up from south, make sure it isn't a flood vehicle. You may have seen news reports of mass flooding, Texas flooding being an example. All those floating cars went somewhere. The insured ones may have been scrapped, but the ones that didn't have insurance often get dried out and sold wholesale to different states where flooding didn't occur.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts