Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sienna XLE AWD Super White
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings earthlings,

I decided to make an organizer for the center console that works for me.

First, it is removeable. So if something slips down the either side, you can retrieve it.
Second, it can be made to hold what you need to get easy access to and yet be hidden by the cover.
Third, it can be painted to a color that you like. And felt can be put on the bottom of any or all compartments.

True, you lose storage space, but you don't have to dig around at the bottom to try and find what you are looking for.

This is only primer for now, on the 1/4 inch plywood I used to make this. I think I will paint it a light gray when I am ready.

The front to rear dimension is 6 inches. Side to side dimension is 7 & 7/8 inches. There are 10 inches of depth that can be used. The center console space is more narrow at the bottom.

I can use the center section to hold CDs in their cases. I have my flashlight in the passenger side rear corner. Wallet & phone (not shown) fit on the driver's side section.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Gadget Audio equipment Trunk Rectangle Wood Art Font Hardwood Wood Rectangle Triangle Plastic Plywood Dishware Rectangle Wood Serveware Hardwood

Thanks for looking...
RV

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Sienna LE. Salsa Red Pearl
52 Posts
That’s a neat idea. I found one on Amazon that works pretty well. Better than just throwing everything on top of everything else.

·
Registered
'11 Limited FWD
212 Posts
That's really nice. I've been leaving ours as one big bin because the DVDs we get from the library have those big cases, but I bet I could come up with a 50/50 idea looking like yours.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Looks good, I have something similar with another shallow tray on top.
Automotive lighting Hood Tie Font Audio equipment

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
119 Posts
Nice little useful project 🍌

If you decide to adjust the design in the future.. consider using solid PVC boards w/pvc glue. That'll make it spill proof and painting is not necessary! 😌

1 - 5 of 5 Posts