Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm needing to change out my 06 LE fwd struts, and I thought it would be a good idea to come here first and see if anyone else had anything to say about it. Well I found Gearman's thread on his fiasco with his KYB set so I se out to see what else was available.

Now since KYB's are out as far as my reading of Gearman's adventures are concerned, here's my list and I'd really appreciate any and all opinions on this short list of Strut and Spring assemblies.... Please and Thank You.

TRQ - SCA57027

Duralo - 1192-1088

Sensen Speedy Struts - 100470-FS-SS

Detroit Axle - 172236_172237

OREDY - 164363

I'm also interested in anyones experience with high performance struts, or really anybody's experience with new struts brands.

Looking forward to read your thoughts and experiences... Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really think it got a bad batch of coil metal steel of kyb, I bought a pair from front Kyb strut plus assembly for my brother inlaw vehicle a few months earlier, no problem, there fore I also bought 4 for myself thinking it is cheap and good product, but got this clunking noise immediately after replacement.

I also bought all Toyota genuine oem struts and other suspension parts at the cost over $2500 for my brother vehicle, to my suprise, the oem strut has tokico name stamped on it.

My advice, don't buy quick strut,but ok buy kyb strut alone, keep original good quality spring coil, but also buy oem strut bearing, oem strut mount, oem upper and lower rubber insulators.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would echo bronze's comments and add that my own experience with the KYB quick struts in the front has been fine, thus far. Had about 3000 miles on them so far with none of the spring compression/collision issues. Now time will tell of course, but so far so good. Mine were also manufacture in April-May of this year. The KYB strut itself is fine, and if you didn't mind going through the rebuild process with some good OEM springs, I think this would be a more robust solution. As Bronze noted, the OEM mount, bellows, and insulators are just better, no doubt about it, so it's a classic case of you get what you pay for. I also used KYB on the rear with great success.

·
Registered
348 Posts
53,000 on my KYB's struts and shocks. Still rides like the day I put them on. I'm at 171,000 miles now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts