Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter in the mail from Toyota on Saturday announcing a "Customer Confidence Program" initiated for 2011-2018 Siennas that indicates they will replace the faulty fuel door hinge and pin on my Sienna. Most of the information in the letter involves the sliding door issues (I already replaced the cable on one of my sliding doors), but really doesn't say anything about the fuel door except that it will take 2 days due to the necessity of painting the replacement fuel door. I tried an online search to see if there was additional information but didn't find anything. Nothing on this chat either. The program extends the repair of these items for 10 years no matter the mileage. Anyone else receive this letter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 and have not received that letter. I paid to have it done...think they’d reimburse me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have a 2011 and have not received that letter. I paid to have it done...think they’d reimburse me?
Do you have documentation from the repair? It's probably not a problem if you don't if it was done at a Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nope, Toyota won't reimburse if you paid out-of-pocket to get it fixed but they will repair/replace it if it breaks. Out-of-pocket expenses were only reimbursable through toyotasiennadoorsettlement (google it) but that door closed on Aug 9th.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Nope, Toyota won't reimburse if you paid out-of-pocket to get it fixed but they will repair/replace it if it breaks. Out-of-pocket expenses were only reimbursable through toyotasiennadoorsettlement (google it) but that door closed on Aug 9th.
I forgot about that closing date since mine was fixed under warranty. The Aug 9 deadline seems tacky/unfair since the settlement was so poorly publicized but it is what it is. Here's the link: http://www.toyotasiennadoorsettlement.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
I vaguely remember getting something about the lawsuit, but didn’t look into it because I don’t have electric sliding doors. It didn’t even cross my mind that the fuel door might be tied into the settlement. Oh well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hhhmm, a hinge on my gas door broke and now part of it protrudes out a bit. I'll have to check if there is customer confidence program in Canada. I would like to get this fixed because sometimes my automatic sliding door will not open if the gas door protrudes out too much.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
However, the settlement is valid for dealer repairs made to doors/fuel door up to 10 years from the vehicles first delivery. That is how I read it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts