Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
134 Posts
I've been leaving it in Eco mode, no matter what kind of driving. Should I leave it there or normal? Maybe use "Sport" for getting on the freeway?
I've been in Eco mode the whole time since leaving the dealership 2000 miles ago. City/freeway/road trip, all of it in Eco. It seems that when accelerating on the highway it doesn't matter what mode you're in, it just kicks in what you need. I'd imagine the real difference is starting from a full stop. Eco seems to encourage a slow acceleration in EV mode while Sport gave me the instant torque and started the motor right away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been in Eco mode the whole time since leaving the dealership 2000 miles ago. City/freeway/road trip, all of it in Eco. It seems that when accelerating on the highway it doesn't matter what mode you're in, it just kicks in what you need. I'd imagine the only difference is starting from a full stop. Eco seems to encourage a slow acceleration in EV mode while Sport gave me the instant torque and started the motor right away.
Thanks! I've decided to leave it in normal for city, eco for highway, and probably never sport.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I filled up today after a 400 mile road trip and 11 days of driving in town. The tank covered 595 miles with roughly half of it on the highway (two lane 55 - 65 mph speed limits). The computer showed about 50 miles to empty and 38.3 mpg. It took 15.87 gallons to fill the tank or 37.49 mpg. This was run in normal mode with a green engine, now at 1140 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I live about half hour north of Pittsburgh. 2021 Sienna XLE + Fwd 3rd tank of gas and pretty consistently getting 25.5 or less. Mostly highway at 80mph. But even babying the gas and lowering top speed 36 mpg is never happening. Also I parked the van Wednesday night with 143 distance to empty and 1/4 tank of fuel. Got in to go to work on Friday distance to empty: Refuel and gas guage on empty. Then it only took 12.3 gallons. This van might be for sale by summer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Running eco mode, geeking out on driving efficiently on hilly country driving in winter with snow tires. First tank of gas 8l/100km, this one so far 7.7l/100k which is about 30 mpg US. Hoping for better with summer tires and a broken-in engine.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
134 Posts
Hi there, I live about half hour north of Pittsburgh. 2021 Sienna XLE + Fwd 3rd tank of gas and pretty consistently getting 25.5 or less. Mostly highway at 80mph. But even babying the gas and lowering top speed 36 mpg is never happening. Also I parked the van Wednesday night with 143 distance to empty and 1/4 tank of fuel. Got in to go to work on Friday distance to empty: Refuel and gas guage on empty. Then it only took 12.3 gallons. This van might be for sale by summer.
Any chance you parked on a slope? I've got another thread about this, would highly recommend calling Toyota Customer Service (or "brand engagement" as they like to be called). I think there's some faulty gas tank stuff going on.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts