Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Full Coverage Warranty on Top of Certified Used

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Mr. B. 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2019 Sienna XLE AWD with 13,000 miles in excellent condition. It was certified used which comes with a 7 year 100k drivetrain warranty. I bought a dealer 3rd party full coverage extended 7 year 100k warranty which covers anything mechanical or electrical that breaks for $2400. Both expire in 2029. Figure $340/yr or appx $410 with inflation to year 4.

I typically don’t buy warranties and pay as I go, but there are tons of electrical items, accessories, and computers on this vehicle. I bought a Toyota for reliability but nothing is immune. Repairpal says the Sienna costs an average of $554 per year to maintain. Caredge says $303 at year 3, $776 at year 7, and $1061 at year 10 for a total of $5200 from year 3-10. These costs are general maintenance + repairs so any warranty repair costs will be less.

I can cancel the warranty and get my money back for another 2 weeks. I’m not sure the cost was worth it. What are the chances that a newer Gen 3 will have non power train related issues significantly in excess of $2400 up to 100k?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.