Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE awd
45 Posts
So I have 136000 miles on my 2008 and I get a dismal 12.6 mpg combined city /highway. have not had it a month yet, nor have I taken it out for a long highway cruise. Just wondering if I need to change the O2 sensors to improve mileage? My 98 suzuki sidekick sport has a paltry 280000 miles on it and gets 30 around town and driving the Sienna sure makes a difference to the wallet with gas averaging 9.20 per imperial gallon . I drive at 55-60 mph on the highway . Yup just cleaned the air sensor as well, so I am looking for any other reason I am getting this low gas mileage? Hmmmn have to figure out how to get my profile up there as well.

· Registered
45 Posts
Ahhhh I assumed all XLE were awd but I will plug that into the profile as well. Aside from the V6 and it's 3 spark plugs in a precarious position to work on I am impressed with the lay out of the front end as my Sidekick is more of a wedged in engine and components to work on are behind stuff. I realize the gas mileage will be a bit lower with awd but this is more than a bit lower

· Registered
45 Posts
I have not been driving much , but after the temp sensor and thermostat were replaced ,the MAF cleaned , and the Toy has moved from 12.1 to 17.2 mpg around town. Now it has a leak of rad fluid that needs to be fixed and I am thinking of getting the ( works fine right now ) water pump replaced and the front rotors / pads as I get he wobbles at high speed slow downs. Got the CD player fixed not replaced and I am looking forward to listening to talking books the next road trip I do . I will then have some idea of what gas mileage on the highway will be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts