Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door lights stay on, I can turn the overhead ones off by turning it to off, but the ones above the dash I can’t turn off as there’s off for door. I know some cars have a button at the seal or some where in that casin area , can anyone give me some advice or help on how to get these lights off until the gate door can be repaired properly. Thank in advance!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that one I have off from the switch on that light panel, but the front lights are still on, the ones up front by the rear veiw mirror

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup they just stay on when I push them, 2003 is the year and I think at Like 25min they eventually turn off. It’d just be nice to get em off

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just read something on Facebook regarding a similar problem. The person has the same issue and on top of it he slammed the gate hard to get it to close properly. Now he can’t open it and has the issue with the lights. this was offered as the solution to the lights:

The switch is in the gate latch. Once you get it open, adjust the striker closer to the gate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year is your van? Sounds like the map lights. Have you pushed on the lights themselves?
I just read something on Facebook regarding a similar problem. The person has the same issue and on top of it he slammed the gate hard to get it to close properly. Now he can’t open it and has the issue with the lights. this was offered as the solution to the lights:

The switch is in the gate latch. Once you get it open, adjust the striker closer to the gate.

I don’t have FB i looked in rhenare where the back gate door comes down and closes and didn’t see anything, I’ll look again thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huh okay so there’s a little switch somewhere in or near the latching mechanism, thank you I do appreciate it man!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts