Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone !!!

Previously, I built / customized a 2010 Toyota Prius III for both the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) and the CES Show (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Here is a photo of my Prius (in Blizzard Pearl White) from a ToyotaFest photo shoot in 2021 :

I took delivery of the 4th Generation Sienna on 06/17/21 here in Southern California.

Here are photos from Day 1 from Longo Toyota, Toyota dealership in Southern California :

First addition : SEMA brushed aluminum license frame :

The Bullet Train / "Shinkansen" in Japan is an inspiration for my build.

I will be sharing my experiences and modifications here on Sienna Chat as well as on Instagram : @Toyota_Shinkansen.

Feel free to follow my journey !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First Modification : LED License Plate Lighting

Hello Folks !!!

Installed this First Modification on 06/20/21.

Replaced the OEM Single Bulb with a 3W 18-SMD LED Panel complete with Housing.

This set is available here : OEM-Replace 18-SMD 3W LED License Plate Light Assy For Toyota Camry Prius C, etc | eBay

Check your Toyota Owner's Manual for details on how to remove the license plate lens. Because I replaced the whole housing,
I removed the rear panel inside to access and remove the complete housing.

Sorry, I do not provide DIY Instructions / Walkthroughs.

The mini-screw driver was taped to provide extra protection not to mar the finish :

The OEM single bulb (Right) was replaced by an 3W 18-SMD LED Pane (Left) :

Comparison of the OEM (L) vs. the LED (R) when lit.

And ... complete !!!

Overall, I'm very happy with this LED Lighting upgrade.

It provides great safety visibility without blinding rear drivers as the panel is pointed downward. And, when backing up at night, it provides additional bright lighting.

This set is available here : OEM-Replace 18-SMD 3W LED License Plate Light Assy For Toyota Camry Prius C, etc | eBay

Stay tuned for more modifications coming soon !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
324 Posts
ooh sexy led panel vs bulb led style, may have to go for that
I just used these for the license plate bulb replace. Worked great. Another benefit? Beauty is you can use the same ones to replace the 2nd row bulbs, rear cargo area, and lower driver and passenger side door lights and it’s only $10 for ten.

·
Registered
23 Posts
very cool! looking forward to see the Shinkansen build(it just occurred to me that you could actually pull that off. I got the white XSE and am looking for some easy ways to personalize it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very cool! looking forward to see the Shinkansen build(it just occurred to me that you could actually pull that off. I got the white XSE and am looking for some easy ways to personalize it.
Congratulations on your XSE @Fishingvan !!!

I'm really excited to share my experiences throughout this journey !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just used these for the license plate bulb replace. Worked great. Another benefit? Beauty is you can use the same ones to replace the 2nd row bulbs, rear cargo area, and lower driver and passenger side door lights and it’s only $10 for ten.

Hello @Vanfam12345 !!!

Thanks for the info, I will be looking at interior lighting soon.

- Rodney

·
Registered
120 Posts

I changed mine to something else suggested in another thread as well. But the panel and complete replacement is what sold me here :D

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hello Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The latest Modification is the OEM Toyota Mudguards !!!

This set for LE, XLE, LIMITED and, PLATINUM models are available here : 2021 SIENNA LE XLE LIMITED PLATINUM MUD GUARDS SET PK389-08M00-TP GENUINE TOYOTA | eBay

The set for XSE model is available here : 2021 SIENNA XSE MUD GUARDS SET PK389-08M10-TP GENUINE TOYOTA | eBay

To save money on installation costs at the dealership, I do my best to install as much as I can by myself.
And, you can also obtain installation instructions from your local Toyota dealership / Parts Department.

Tools needed : Phillips screwdriver and a 10mm socket / wrench (not pictured).

All 4 Mudguards are labeled and all necessary hardware (screws/brackets) are included in the kit.

There are pre-dimpled areas where the new screws will be installed :

Installation :

And complete !!!

Overall I am pleased with OEM quality finish and fitment. With this being a new vehicle I am rest-assured that they will provide great protection for the fenders' / doors' painted surfaces.

This set for LE, XLE, LIMITED and, PLATINUM models are available here : 2021 SIENNA LE XLE LIMITED PLATINUM MUD GUARDS SET PK389-08M00-TP GENUINE TOYOTA | eBay

The set for XSE model is available here : 2021 SIENNA XSE MUD GUARDS SET PK389-08M10-TP GENUINE TOYOTA | eBay

Happy Modding !!!

- Rodney

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts

Any tips on removing the covers for the side door lights? Do the just pop right out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any tips on removing the covers for the side door lights? Do the just pop right out?
Pretty much pop right out. I used a thin flat head screw driver covered with a piece of blue painters tape. Very gently inserted at the corner and very gently nudged it. Quite easy, really. Took maybe 20 seconds.

Just note: I'm not referring to the puddle lights on the side mirrors... I'm referring to the light on the lower interior of the driver and passenger side door panels.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Happy Saturday Folks !!!

Just completed the installation of the JDM Toyota Premium Horns.

Replaced the OEM Denso Horns which are at 108dB each with the JDM Toyota Premium Horns which are at 300dB and they are each 500Hz/400Hz providing a clean, clear, and more vibrant sound.

Purchased from Roger at www.HybridPit.com.

Below are some photos of this easy installation :

The JDM Toyota Premium Horns :

Instructions :

Tools needed : Socket Wrench / 12mm Socket

Begin by removing the Engine Room Cover via the 7 Plastic Push Pins :

Removal of the OEM Denso Horns :

Comparison of the OEM Denso Horns vs the JDM Toyota Premium Horns :

Thank you Roger from
www.HYBRIDPIT.com here in Southern California for these !!!

Have a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's definitely a beautiful Saturday in Southern California for another Modification !!!

The Luciole Rear Wiper Delete Plug from www.HYBRIDPIT.com is complete !!!

It is available here : Luciole Rear Wiper Delete Kit For Toyota Prius 2016 - 2021
This kit for the Prius is compatible with the Sienna

The Rear Wiper Delete Kit :

Removal of the Rear Wiper Arm assembly. Flip the cover to remove the 10mm bolt.

Access the Wiper Motor Assembly through the Inside Rear Hatch :

Remove the JBL Subwoofer Enclosure :

The Rear Wiper Motor Assembly. Remove the 3 - 10mm bolts and disconnect the electrical connection :

The installation of the Rear Wiper Delete Kit is self explanatory. Here are the finished results !!!

Overall, I am very pleased with this product from www.HYBRIDPIT.com.

The rear wipers tend to collect debris, leave a trail on the window, and really only clean a fraction of the window so ... it was deleted !!!

It is available here : Luciole Rear Wiper Delete Kit For Toyota Prius 2016 - 2021

Happy Modding Folks !!!

- Rodney

1 - 20 of 81 Posts