Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
No rear wiper- Mmm, that would be difficult to not have up here In The north

looks like your off to a excellent start. If the Sienna is anything like that Prius (I’d rock that for sure)

I am sure it will be exceptional,to say the least.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

looks like your off to a excellent start. If the Sienna is anything like that Prius (I’d rock that for sure)

Hello @2Kool4aSeeNahhh !!!

Thanks for the kinds words, if I lived up North I would keep the wiper too !!!

In my area here we hardly get rain. I will be using a product from Soft99, a company from Japan to keep the glass clear during rainy weather : Soft99 Glaco Blave Window Care Strong Water Repellent For Glass And Plastic 4975759049531 | eBay

Nowadays, I really hardly look directly outside the back window. With the Platinum trim I have the 2nd rear camera to project the traffic behind me on the digital rear camera.

Hope you're having a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
120 Posts
Really appreciate you for posting all the WIP along with any installation instructions AND where to grab the parts! A wonderful, God send thread!

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Really appreciate you for posting all the WIP along with any installation instructions AND where to grab the parts! A wonderful, God send thread!
Hello @123noob !!!

Thanks for the kind words, I have fun sharing my experiences with others and will continue to do so along this journey !!!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The First Wash is in the books !!!

After a little over a week and 400 miles since the delivery of my Sienna, today marked Sienna Sunday cleaning !!!

I admit ... the next best thing to taking delivery of a new vehicle is The Official First Wash !!!

Many thanks to Adam's Polishes for their great line of Car Care Products crafted to be safe and to protect your vehicle's finishes.

Adam's is all I use !!!

You don't have to take my word for it, see for yourself here : Adam's Polishes | Premium Car Care & Detailing Products

Here are just some of the photos taken that Sunday early evening ...

Adam's Car Shampoo. Find it on Amazon here : https://amzn.to/2UAIhoK

Love shiny chrome ...

Scrub the All Weather mats too !!!

Once rinsed, remember to clean all door sills, jams, and everywhere in between :

And maintain a clean engine bay to keep it operating cool and to address any issues that you may notice immediately.

Polished and protected ...

Refreshed interior

And we are ready for the week ahead !!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna LE Plus AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
224 Posts

They have rain once every couple of years :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna LE Plus AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
224 Posts
Those mud guards, do they generate any additional wind noise at high speeds?

OH THAT LOOKS DOPE!!!

I absolutely despise the rear wiper, and this is the perfect solution. Thanks!!
But why? It has a purpose! I remember having a VERY cheap hatchback w/o the wiper, and I certainly wuld have loved to have it.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
364 Posts
OH THAT LOOKS DOPE!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm confused, the interior is the same 2 tone softek as my XSE, yet the front looks like the Limited trim. Did you replace the front grill or something?

Also, mine only has 800 miles on it(trip to yosemite park) but it has innumerable yellow-brown specks on the paint that I cant get off. I ordered a bottle of rust removal spray hoping that they are rust spots. Have you noticed anything like that on your paint?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
364 Posts
I'm confused, the interior is the same 2 tone softek as my XSE, yet the front looks like the Limited trim. Did you replace the front grill or something?

Also, mine only has 800 miles on it(trip to yosemite park) but it has innumerable yellow-brown specks on the paint that I cant get off. I ordered a bottle of rust removal spray hoping that they are rust spots. Have you noticed anything like that on your paint?
Make sure the rust remover spray is paint safe. If that doesn't work you can try a clay bar, that should get it off.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
They have rain once every couple of years :)

Hello @Dimitrij !!!

That's very true :)

And, I can't remember the last time I actually had to look through the back window directly. With all the cameras in the Sienna, they allow us to keep our eyes forward !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
23 Posts

This is what I bought after seeing someone on YouTube use it. Any of you guys planning on doing ppf? I wish I got it straight out of the dealer but was too eager to use the car. Now I got all these paint issues to deal with first 😒

Sorry for the side- track. Looking forward to OP's next mod!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
364 Posts

This is what I bought after seeing someone on YouTube use it. Any of you guys planning on doing ppf? I wish I got it straight out of the dealer but was too eager to use the car. Now I got all these paint issues to deal with first 😒

Sorry for the side- track. Looking forward to OP's next mod!
OH yeah ironx is good stuff. Just make sure you don't let it dry on the paint and rinse it thoroughly, and use gloves! Also it smells really bad lol

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Those mud guards, do they generate any additional wind noise at high speeds?

But why? It has a purpose! I remember having a VERY cheap hatchback w/o the wiper, and I certainly wuld have loved to have it.
Hello @Dimitrij !!!

The mudguards do not protrude from the fender much at all ... I haven't noticed any wind noise or mpg loss because of them.

Hope this helps !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
OH THAT LOOKS DOPE!!!

Hello @np20412 !!!

I agree !!!

I can't remember the last time I had to turn my head back to see out the rear view. With all the cameras in the Platinum, I have the rear views available ... all while keeping my eyes forward !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just used these for the license plate bulb replace. Worked great. Another benefit? Beauty is you can use the same ones to replace the 2nd row bulbs, rear cargo area, and lower driver and passenger side door lights and it’s only $10 for ten.

Any idea what kind of bulb you need to replace the ceiling one in the cargo/3rd row area? It's different than all of these ones which I have now replaced with your suggested ones.

KF

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any idea what kind of bulb you need to replace the ceiling one in the cargo/3rd row area? It's different than all of these ones which I have now replaced with your suggested ones.
Yep, absolutely. I used this one and it worked great:

If you haven’t already, you can do the license plate lights with the same ones you’ve already used.

In case you’re curious/interested, I also replaced my backup lights with the below, but it was a way more involved and finicky process than I’d expected…

(remove 5 bolts from edge trim along rear window plus 2 plastic friction clips, then remove 2 bolts holding in the lamp housing, then remove square interior rear trim cover on the door, then remove 2 more bolts from inside there before the lamp housing ultimately comes free… change bulb, reverse the process and put all 9 bolts plus the 2 rubber friction clips back in, replace trim cover, then repeat it all again on the 2nd side)… but huge improvement!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, absolutely. I used this one and it worked great:

If you haven’t already, you can do the license plate lights with the same ones you’ve already used.

In case you’re curious/interested, I also replaced my backup lights with the below, but it was a way more involved and finicky process than I’d expected…

(remove 5 bolts from edge trim along rear window plus 2 plastic friction clips, then remove 2 bolts holding in the lamp housing, then remove square interior rear trim cover on the door, then remove 2 more bolts from inside there before the lamp housing ultimately comes free… change bulb, reverse the process and put all 9 bolts plus the 2 rubber friction clips back in, replace trim cover, then repeat it all again on the 2nd side)… but huge improvement!

thanks, I ordered those. I don't think I'll be doing the back up lights, but I was wondering how involved changing the "map" lights on the front cluster are. Do you have to drop the entire housing (that has the lights, the trunk switch etc)?

KF

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was wondering how involved changing the "map" lights on the front cluster are. Do you have to drop the entire housing (that has the lights, the trunk switch etc)?
Yes, but it’s even worse than that. Once you drop it all out, the bulbs are soldered directly on to the board! I’m not gonna mess around with that. Check out the thread I linked above on page 1 for the fun commentary and pics of what’s going on with those

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm planning to test my noob skill at desoldering and resolder in the new LED chips, just have to be extra slow and careful. Also, need to find the right size for the chips to replace.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts