Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks for that update! I'll be grabbing one soon then :D... idk why we have turn mirror signals when there was barely any output.
Hello @123noob !!!

Agreed, the OEM lamps are very dim during the day.

It's great there's an aftermarket product to help with brightness !!!

Here's the link again where I purchased mine (you can select from 3 choices) :

Amazon.com: HIGH FLYING Car Accessories Led Side Mirrors Sequential Dynamic Turn Signal Lights Indicator Strip 2pcs/Pair for Toyota Tacoma 2016-2021, RAV4 XA50 2019-2021, Highlander XU70 2020-2021 (Smoked Black): Automotive

Once you get yours and installed, please share photos !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Happy Friday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The Shinkansen California Agricultural Plates arrived !!! The All New 4th Generation Toyota Sienna was designed and inspired by Japan’s Bullet Train aka Shinkansen. There are dozens of different Shinkansen trains throughout Japan however, the Train inspiring my build is The Tsubame which is a train service operated by Kyushu Railway Company on the Kyushu Shinkansen in Japan since 2004. It’s route includes Kumamoto Prefecture which is the home of my favorite citrus, the Dekopon. Therefore the Agricultural Plates were the obvious choice !!! 新幹線 🙂

Arrived at the DMV !!!

It felt like getting my driver's license for the first time all over again !!!

Surprising empty on a Friday after work ??!!

They're here !!!

All aboard that Shinkansen - Tsubame Line !!!

Supporting California's Agricultural Industry and our Farmers.

Have a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Tech Day Saturday Morning !!!

Newly installed is the Chrome Trim to the side door panels which add a nice subtle touch to the existing chrome door handles.

I’ve always been a fan of minimal chrome accents on a white vehicle as they highlight the existing character lines. Overall, I’m very satisfied with this latest addition !!!

Get yours from : Chrome ABS Car Door Guard Molding Strip Trim 4pcs For Toyota Sienna 2021-2022 | eBay

Follow my Road to SEMA 2021 build here AND
on IG : @Toyota_Shinkansen

Arrived safely !!!

Nice Cold Shiny Chrome ...

Some of the items used for installation ...

Organize each part specific to location ...

Begin on a clean surface and test fit prior to installation ...

Affix only the ends of the trim then slowly remove the backing and work your way towards the center ...

Take your time to get everything perfect ...

And VOILA !!!

Again, Get yours from : Chrome ABS Car Door Guard Molding Strip Trim 4pcs For Toyota Sienna 2021-2022 | eBay

Have a great weekend folks !!!

- Rodney

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very nice work so far @Shinkansen ! How did you remove your side view mirrors to install the turn signals? I don’t want to scratch the paint or break any tabs.
I think the cover is being held down by some clip on top. So just use a trim remover and slowly popping each clip string at one end out.

I've actually ordered the same one you got @Shinkansen , can't wait to install when it comes onTuesday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the cover is being held down by some clip on top. So just use a trim remover and slowly popping each clip string at one end out.

I've actually ordered the same one you got @Shinkansen , can't wait to install when it comes onTuesday.
Keep me posted on your installation. I couldn’t figure out where to begin. TIA

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Very nice work so far @Shinkansen ! How did you remove your side view mirrors to install the turn signals? I don’t want to scratch the paint or break any tabs.
Hello @G4S Limited and @123noob !!!

Here are some photos of my installation ...

Remove the cover using the included plastic pry tool. The best location I found is by inserting the tool in this location above the flasher ...

Slowly work your way around the housing. Place a blanket underneath to catch the cover should it fall, preventing it from getting damaged ...

Opened and cover removed !!!

Note here the clip locations on the inside cover ...

Hope this helps !!!

Please post photos when you both have completed your installations as I'd love to see !!!

For those that haven't purchased them yet ...

Get yours at : Amazon.com: HIGH FLYING Car Accessories Led Side Mirrors Sequential Dynamic Turn Signal Lights Indicator Strip 2pcs/Pair for Toyota Tacoma 2016-2021, RAV4 XA50 2019-2021, Highlander XU70 2020-2021 (Smoked Black): Automotive 3 Versions to select from : Blackout / Smoke / White !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks @Shinkansen ! Your guidance worked! That’s the perfect spot. I was working under the mirror, not over.

I think my set might be DOA. It doesn’t light up when I plug it in and use the blinker.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks @Shinkansen ! Your guidance worked! That’s the perfect spot. I was working under the mirror, not over.

I think my set might be DOA. It doesn’t light up when I plug it in and use the blinker.
Hey @G4S Limited !!!

Check your plug connection again, maybe you will need turn it the opposite way and reconnect ...

- Rodney

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Hope mine won't be DOA tomorrow! I also got the rear license plate LEDs house replacement you've shared @Shinkansen that will come in on Wed :).

Hello @123noob !!!

Hope yours works well, keep us posted !!!

Sometimes with aftermarket products here and there, there's bound to be some connection issues.

Looking forward to your results !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
120 Posts
Completed :). I must say it took me a bit to figure out where to start... had to slide the trim remover on the bottom of the cap cover right above then start popping out the clips, working along the bottom then eventually accessible enough on top to pull everything else out.

Both sides are working as intended and is a lot better looking than the 2 wimpy small LEDs at the corner of each mirror.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was going to go for the smoked version as well but seeing how the headlight was in white, I had to follow suite :(.

edit: LOL I just noticed my lil girl's face in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was going to go for the smoked version as well but seeing how the headlight was in white, I had to follow suite :(.

edit: LOL I just noticed my lil girl's face in the driver's seat.
LOL I didn’t even notice. Thought it was just a reflection.

Yeah, I had a hard time deciding. Figured since @Shinkansen got white, I can go with a different color so others can decide the route they want to take. Can’t go wrong with either.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Completed :). I must say it took me a bit to figure out where to start... had to slide the trim remover on the bottom of the cap cover right above then start popping out the clips, working along the bottom then eventually accessible enough on top to pull everything else out.
Both sides are working as intended and is a lot better looking than the 2 wimpy small LEDs at the corner of each mirror.

Looking awesome @123noob !!!

It is a delicate installation but happy you were successful and everything worked out great.

It's an amazing upgrade for sure !!!

Congrats again !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I have mine installed too. Here are some pics of the smoked version on white with tinted windows.

WOW @G4S Limited !!!

I like how the smoked version came out with your installation !!!

I'm happy this set worked out better for you :)

Looking awesome ... and safer now too !!!

Congrats !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quick question, do you have a link to the trunk door diagram? I need to see how to remove the trim panel to access the rear housing for the license plate lights. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Quick question, do you have a link to the trunk door diagram? I need to see how to remove the trim panel to access the rear housing for the license plate lights. Thank you!
Hello @123noob !!!

I don't have the trunk door diagram unfortunately ... I will provide you with some pics soon during my installation !!!

- Rodney

61 - 80 of 81 Posts