Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Tech Night Sunday Night : Sealed Fog Housings / LED Lamps replaced with H11 Housings / O-NEX HID Lamps !!!

Although I appreciate the OEM LED Foglamps, I believe a retro-upgrade to 35W HIDs are the ticket to brighter visibility during inclement weather by such as fog, rain, and snow.

FYI : Due to the technical nature of this mod / installation, I will NOT include a DIY.

Follow my Road to SEMA 2021 build here and on IG : @Toyota_Shinkansen

Here we go !!!

The O-NEX HID System ...

The 3000K (Yellow) Kit ... (I purchased both the 3000K Yellow and 6000K White individual Kits).

The OEM LED Sealed Beam Housings to be removed. This area was modified to accommodate the 3rd Generation Prius Fog Lamp Housings.

The OEM Led Fog Lamp Housings ...

The 3rd Generation Prius H11 Fog Lamp Housings ....

Once all the wiring was connected and all housing modifications completed, it was time for testing ...

And ... Voila !!!

I've always been a fan of HID Lamps and so this was a much needed retro-upgrade for my project.

Stay visible and stay safe everyone !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Happy Saturday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

Celebrating Shinkansen’s First 1000 Miles with a Little Chrome Bling !!!

Cheers to many more Dependable & Efficient Toyota Miles Ahead !!!

#LetsGoPlaces #LetsGoToSEMA !!! Follow my Road to SEMA 2021 build here and on IG : @Toyota_Shinkansen

1000 Miles !!!

The Gift Arrived !!!

Fit's like a glove !!! (Lower half installed)

Love a little Chrome Bling :)

Get your very own bling and treat yourself with any of these great colors :
Chrome Silver / Blue / Pink / Purple Black at : https://amzn.to/3ifOrUH

Have a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey there Sienna Chat Folks !!!

4th of July Tech Day Sunday : Sequential Dynamic LED Side Mirrors Turn Signal Lamps … Installation Complete !!!

Compared to the OEM Lamps, these are a Brighter, Safer, and Stylish Sequential LED Upgrade for the 2021+ Sienna (Mirror signals are standard on the Limited and Platinum Trims so these are a direct replacement) !!!

These are compatible with the 2021+ Toyota Tacoma and Highlander vehicles as well !!!

Get yours at : Amazon.com: HIGH FLYING Car Accessories Led Side Mirrors Sequential Dynamic Turn Signal Lights Indicator Strip 2pcs/Pair for Toyota Tacoma 2016-2021, RAV4 XA50 2019-2021, Highlander XU70 2020-2021 (Smoked Black): Automotive 3 Models to select : Blackout / Smoke / White

Christmas arrived early !!!

The kit : Both Driver / Passenger Lights and included tools ...

View attachment 51025

The All New LED Signal Mirrors (Top) compared to the OEM Signal Mirrors (Bottom) ...

View attachment 51026

Begin by carefully prying open the housing in this area.
I found this to be the easiest area to start.
Work your way slowly around the housing and provide a blanket underneath should the housing fall ... to prevent damage to it.

View attachment 51028

Remove the original signal light by lifting it simply upward.

View attachment 51030

Connect the new connection. Brown / Yellow wire connects with the existing Red wire.

View attachment 51031

Even from the side profile, the all new LED lights are super bright !!!

View attachment 51032

See the finished results and videos here :

Facebook : Toyota Sienna 2021+ (4th Gen)

Again, these are compatible with the 2021+ Toyota Tacoma and Highlander vehicles as well !!!

Get yours at : Amazon.com: HIGH FLYING Car Accessories Led Side Mirrors Sequential Dynamic Turn Signal Lights Indicator Strip 2pcs/Pair for Toyota Tacoma 2016-2021, RAV4 XA50 2019-2021, Highlander XU70 2020-2021 (Smoked Black): Automotive 3 Models to select : Blackout / Smoke / White

Happy Modding Folks !!!

- Rodney
That looks great!
Just want to check if the BSM still works after the installation? Some of the feedback on Amazon claim they lost BSM after replacing with this..?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
That looks great!
Just want to check if the BSM still works after the installation? Some of the feedback on Amazon claim they lost BSM after replacing with this..?

thanks!
Hello @bobhsu88 !!!

I have not had any problems with the BSM being lost on my end.

All remains well !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Thanks guys! Ordered mine today!
Hey @bobhsu88 !!!

Congratulations !!! Which version did you get ??

Please post photos once installed, this is definitely a must do upgrade as you will see !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Tech Package
210 Posts
@Shinkansen. Great upgrade to the HID fog. I notice you have headlight washer, did you add this feature because I don't think it came with the van. If you do please show us how. I also interest to know if the headlight for the Platinum is interchangeable with the headlight for the XSE. Love those projectors.

·
Registered
XSE tech FWD
1 Posts
@Shinkansen. Great upgrade to the HID fog. I notice you have headlight washer, did you add this feature because I don't think it came with the van. If you do please show us how. I also interest to know if the headlight for the Platinum is interchangeable with the headlight for the XSE. Love those projectors.
Also wondering the same thing. Those platinum headlights are sick and I think they are specific to US market platinum for now. Pretty sure the limited in Canada doesn't have them and I would love to upgrade to those on my XSE.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Happy Tech Day Saturday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The INNO XS 150 Base Stay and XB 123 Aero Base Bars installation Complete !!!

This is a High Quality Low Profile Design Product from INNO Japan. Fully compatible for the current 4th Generation Toyota Sienna. This lockable roof rack system will serve as the foundation for the upcoming INNO BRM864 Wedge Plus Cargo Box coming soon !!!

Purchase yours from my Affiliate Amazon site :
INNO XS 150 Base Stay : https://amzn.to/3jC2Mdw
INNO XB 123 Bass Bars (Qty 2 needed) : https://amzn.to/3fJGHJ7

Let's go !!!

Included instructions ...

Love the shiny chrome !!!

After the installation it was time for a thorough bath !!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello @G4S Limited and @123noob !!!

Here are some photos of my installation ...

Remove the cover using the included plastic pry tool. The best location I found is by inserting the tool in this location above the flasher ...

View attachment 51269

Slowly work your way around the housing. Place a blanket underneath to catch the cover should it fall, preventing it from getting damaged ...

View attachment 51270

View attachment 51271

Opened and cover removed !!!

View attachment 51272

Note here the clip locations on the inside cover ...

View attachment 51273

Hope this helps !!!

Please post photos when you both have completed your installations as I'd love to see !!!

For those that haven't purchased them yet ...

Get yours at : Amazon.com: HIGH FLYING Car Accessories Led Side Mirrors Sequential Dynamic Turn Signal Lights Indicator Strip 2pcs/Pair for Toyota Tacoma 2016-2021, RAV4 XA50 2019-2021, Highlander XU70 2020-2021 (Smoked Black): Automotive 3 Versions to select from : Blackout / Smoke / White !!!

- Rodney
Thanks for the tips. However I tried this morning and it’s just impossible to use the supplied tool to open the housing. The tool actually bend at the tip so I didn’t feel safe to use it any further… 😟

·
Registered
156 Posts
Happy Tech Day Saturday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The INNO XS 150 Base Stay and XB 123 Aero Base Bars installation Complete !!!

This is a High Quality Low Profile Design Product from INNO Japan. Fully compatible for the current 4th Generation Toyota Sienna. This lockable roof rack system will serve as the foundation for the upcoming INNO BRM864 Wedge Plus Cargo Box coming soon !!!

Purchase yours from my Affiliate Amazon site :
INNO XS 150 Base Stay : https://amzn.to/3jC2Mdw
INNO XB 123 Bass Bars (Qty 2 needed) : https://amzn.to/3fJGHJ7

Let's go !!!

View attachment 51618

View attachment 51619

Included instructions ...

View attachment 51620

Love the shiny chrome !!!

View attachment 51623

View attachment 51621

After the installation it was time for a thorough bath !!!

View attachment 51622

View attachment 51624

View attachment 51625

Hope you're all having a great weekend !!!

- Rodney
BOUT TIME TO POST SOMETHING NEW.... lol.

Just a reminder, if you don't mind sharing how you would opent he back trun panel or at least the diagram :D

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Hello @tdman and @XSE204 !!!

Thank you for the kind words.

Will be posting up the final installation on the Headlamp Washers before the Show ... stay tuned !!!

I am not sure if the headlamps between the Platinum and XSE are a direct replacement as I am not sure if the connections will be plug and play. I am sure either way you will need to make some modifications !!!

- Rodney

Reactions: XSE204

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
BOUT TIME TO POST SOMETHING NEW.... lol.

Just a reminder, if you don't mind sharing how you would opent he back trun panel or at least the diagram :D
Will do today ... sorry for the delay @123noob !!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Thanks for the tips. However I tried this morning and it’s just impossible to use the supplied tool to open the housing. The tool actually bend at the tip so I didn’t feel safe to use it any further… 😟
Hello @boshsu88 !!!

It just takes a firm push and patience ... @123noob will provide a video.

Thanks guys !!!

- Rodney

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna Platinum
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Happy Sunday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

Tech Day Sunday : JDM Sidemarkers Installation Complete !!!

I’ve always been a fan of JDM Sidemarkers, when done correctly.

Having been into customizing since the early 90’s, incorporating these if not originally equipped was a popular choice.
And so in homage to the 90’s this was a tribute !!! And of course, it’s great to add additional visibility and safety
🙂

Because of the technical installation, there is NO DIY provided here.

Toyota Original Parts ...

Some of the tools I used ...

The control unit from www.CorsoMotion.com ...
This allowed me to use the sidemarker as both a Parking Lamp and as a Signal Flasher.

Pierced !!!

Leveler used throughout for accuracy ...

Installation successful !!!

The clear lenses work well with the Blizzard Pearl finish so it is a subtle accent ...

Have a great rest of the weekend !!!

- Rodney

81 - 100 of 142 Posts