Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

The Shinkansen Build : Inspiration & Progress

158K views 463 replies 61 participants last post by  The Law 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello SiennaChat Folks !!!

My disclosure :

I am a participant in affiliate programs including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Affiliate programs are designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All Amazon and affiliated linked items are ones that I truly love, fit my style, and use on my own vehicle. Feel free to learn through my experiences and reviews first hand.

Previously, I built / customized a 2010 Toyota Prius III for both the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) and the CES Show (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Here is a photo of my Prius (in Blizzard Pearl White) from a ToyotaFest photo shoot in 2021 :

I took delivery of the 4th Generation Sienna on 06/17/21 here in Southern California.

Here are photos from Day 1 from Longo Toyota, Toyota dealership in Southern California :

First addition : SEMA brushed aluminum license frame :

The Bullet Train / "Shinkansen" in Japan is an inspiration for my build.

I will be sharing my experiences and modifications here on Sienna Chat as well as on Instagram : @Toyota_Shinkansen.

Feel free to follow my journey !!!

- Rodney

See less See more
#73 ·
Completed :). I must say it took me a bit to figure out where to start... had to slide the trim remover on the bottom of the cap cover right above then start popping out the clips, working along the bottom then eventually accessible enough on top to pull everything else out.

Both sides are working as intended and is a lot better looking than the 2 wimpy small LEDs at the corner of each mirror.

#77 ·
Completed :). I must say it took me a bit to figure out where to start... had to slide the trim remover on the bottom of the cap cover right above then start popping out the clips, working along the bottom then eventually accessible enough on top to pull everything else out.
Both sides are working as intended and is a lot better looking than the 2 wimpy small LEDs at the corner of each mirror.

Looking awesome @123noob !!!

It is a delicate installation but happy you were successful and everything worked out great.

It's an amazing upgrade for sure !!!

Congrats again !!!

- Rodney

#78 ·
I have mine installed too. Here are some pics of the smoked version on white with tinted windows.

WOW @G4S Limited !!!

I like how the smoked version came out with your installation !!!

I'm happy this set worked out better for you :)

Looking awesome ... and safer now too !!!

Congrats !!!

- Rodney

#81 ·
Tech Night Sunday Night : Sealed Fog Housings / LED Lamps replaced with H11 Housings / O-NEX HID Lamps !!!

Although I appreciate the OEM LED Foglamps, I believe a retro-upgrade to 35W HIDs are the ticket to brighter visibility during inclement weather by such as fog, rain, and snow.

FYI : Due to the technical nature of this mod / installation, I will NOT include a DIY.

Follow my Road to SEMA 2021 build here and on IG : @Toyota_Shinkansen

Here we go !!!

The O-NEX HID System ...

The 3000K (Yellow) Kit ... (I purchased both the 3000K Yellow and 6000K White individual Kits).

The OEM LED Sealed Beam Housings to be removed. This area was modified to accommodate the 3rd Generation Prius Fog Lamp Housings.

The OEM Led Fog Lamp Housings ...

The 3rd Generation Prius H11 Fog Lamp Housings ....

Once all the wiring was connected and all housing modifications completed, it was time for testing ...

And ... Voila !!!

I've always been a fan of HID Lamps and so this was a much needed retro-upgrade for my project.

Stay visible and stay safe everyone !!!

- Rodney

#82 · (Edited)
Happy Saturday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

Celebrating Shinkansen’s First 1000 Miles with a Little Chrome Bling !!!

Cheers to many more Dependable & Efficient Toyota Miles Ahead !!!

#LetsGoPlaces #LetsGoToSEMA !!! Follow my Road to SEMA 2021 build here and on IG : @Toyota_Shinkansen

1000 Miles !!!

The Gift Arrived !!!

Fit's like a glove !!! (Lower half installed)

Love a little Chrome Bling :)

Get your very own bling and treat yourself with any of these great colors :
Chrome Silver / Blue / Pink / Purple Black at : https://amzn.to/3ifOrUH

White Mobile phone Light Product Black

Have a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

Attachments

#90 ·
@Shinkansen. Great upgrade to the HID fog. I notice you have headlight washer, did you add this feature because I don't think it came with the van. If you do please show us how. I also interest to know if the headlight for the Platinum is interchangeable with the headlight for the XSE. Love those projectors.
Also wondering the same thing. Those platinum headlights are sick and I think they are specific to US market platinum for now. Pretty sure the limited in Canada doesn't have them and I would love to upgrade to those on my XSE.

#91 · (Edited)
Happy Tech Day Saturday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The INNO XS 150 Base Stay and XB 123 Aero Base Bars installation Complete !!!

This is a High Quality Low Profile Design Product from INNO Japan. Fully compatible for the current 4th Generation Toyota Sienna. This lockable roof rack system will serve as the foundation for the upcoming INNO BRM864 Wedge Plus Cargo Box coming soon !!!

Purchase yours from my Affiliate Amazon site :
INNO XS 150 Base Stay : https://amzn.to/3jC2Mdw
INNO XB 123 Bass Bars / 48 inches (Qty 2 needed) : https://amzn.to/3fJGHJ7

Let's go !!!

Included instructions ...

Love the shiny chrome !!!

After the installation it was time for a thorough bath !!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

#94 ·
Happy Tech Day Saturday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The INNO XS 150 Base Stay and XB 123 Aero Base Bars installation Complete !!!

This is a High Quality Low Profile Design Product from INNO Japan. Fully compatible for the current 4th Generation Toyota Sienna. This lockable roof rack system will serve as the foundation for the upcoming INNO BRM864 Wedge Plus Cargo Box coming soon !!!

Purchase yours from my Affiliate Amazon site :
INNO XS 150 Base Stay : https://amzn.to/3jC2Mdw
INNO XB 123 Bass Bars (Qty 2 needed) : https://amzn.to/3fJGHJ7

Let's go !!!

View attachment 51618

View attachment 51619

Included instructions ...

View attachment 51620

Love the shiny chrome !!!

View attachment 51623

View attachment 51621

After the installation it was time for a thorough bath !!!

View attachment 51622

View attachment 51624

View attachment 51625

Hope you're all having a great weekend !!!

- Rodney
BOUT TIME TO POST SOMETHING NEW.... lol.

Just a reminder, if you don't mind sharing how you would opent he back trun panel or at least the diagram :D

#100 ·
Happy Sunday Sienna Chat Folks !!!

Tech Day Sunday : JDM Sidemarkers Installation Complete !!!

I’ve always been a fan of JDM Sidemarkers, when done correctly.

Having been into customizing since the early 90’s, incorporating these if not originally equipped was a popular choice.
And so in homage to the 90’s this was a tribute !!! And of course, it’s great to add additional visibility and safety
🙂

Because of the technical installation, there is NO DIY provided here.

Toyota Original Parts ...

Some of the tools I used ...

The control unit from www.CorsoMotion.com ...
This allowed me to use the sidemarker as both a Parking Lamp and as a Signal Flasher.

Pierced !!!

Leveler used throughout for accuracy ...

Installation successful !!!

The clear lenses work well with the Blizzard Pearl finish so it is a subtle accent ...

Have a great rest of the weekend !!!

- Rodney

#111 ·
Happy Saturday SiennaChat Folks !!!

Recently, I went on a road trip from Southern to Central California for a wedding and I was able to experience the latest addition to the Sienna ...

INNO Wedge Plus Cargo box in RED (BRM864RE).

Here’s a quick review on my INNO Wedge Plus Cargo Box in RED (BRM864RE).

In the INNO Wedge Series there are the BRM660 which I featured on my Prius (Slim height version) and the BRM864 (tall height version). With the BRM864 we were able to fit 4 Carry On Luggage’s with no problem !!! The Aerodynamic design minimized wind noise and mpg loss for the 2021 Sienna Hybrid. With both cargo boxes featuring dual side loading, locking features, and the streamlined design makes definitely my favorite series among them all !!! Not to mention the bright red finish makes it stand above the rest.

Due to the current high demand, supply is limited.

Visit : usa.INNORACKS.com for pricing, availability, color options, and contact information !!!

Polished and Waxed for a Deep Gloss :)

New Additional Chrome Emblems added to the Front and Rear of the box to match the side emblems !!!

Ready for the trip !!! We fit 4 Carry On Luggages with no problem !!!

At Pyramid Lake, California !!!

At Hollister, California !!!

Safe Travels Everyone !!!

- Rodney

#122 ·
#125 ·
Hey there Sienna Chat Folks !!!

SIENNA Tech Day Saturday : INNO Fairing Complete !!!

Installed the INNO (Medium Size) Fairing which sat perfectly between the two OEM Side Roof Rails. The INNO Faring is designed to reduce wind noise and deflect air aerodynamically above the cross bars.

Overall I’m very pleased with this fitment and quality of this INNO Fairing !!!

Arrived safely !!!

Included Instructions ...

Included Parts ...

The original Vinyl Logo to be removed ...

And replaced with the shiny chrome emblem !!!

Installation of the bracket assemblies ...

And Voila !!!

Hope you all have a great weekend !!!

- Rodney

#126 ·
HAPPY MONDAY SIENNA CHAT FOLKS !!!

Signed the Docs !!!

The Newest Sponsor for the ‘Shinkansen’ Build for this year’s 2021 SEMA Show is TOYO Tires !!!

Many thanks to TOYO Tires for their continued support through the years.

Taking delivery of the Toyo Proxes Sport A/S Ultra-High Performance All Season Tires in the 265/35R22 Size … Details Coming Soon !!!

If you'll be at this year's SEMA show, make sure to visit their Booth #84160 in Front of South Hall when at The Show !!! @toyotires @toyotires_japan

Have a great week !!!

- Rodney

#127 ·
Hey there Sienna Chat Folks !!!

The latest modification is complete !!!

Stanley Japan - Honda Intersection Lights.

After several months of sourcing these hard-to-find-intact-clear lenses-good condition parts, this installation is now in the books !!!

Sourced the lights from Russia and the Relay Control Unit from New Zealand all to create the Old School JDM look that inspired me back then.

Intersection lights are designed to activate in steady when signaling in either direction to light your corner path to be aware of any objects or curbs in your way !!!

Due to the nature of this technical installation, I DO NOT provide a DIY.

The Honda Accord CB7 Intersection Lights (Square Version) :

The Intersection Relay Control Unit complete with wiring !!!

The wiring diagram ...

To proposed locations, final location is on the lower portion of the bumper ...

Dremel cut and sanded to create a smooth location for the intersection light ...

Test Fitment ...

The Driver Side Intersection light was obstructed by the Oil Intercooler, and so with the help of the folks from AT230 in Whittier, CA they were able to shave the lower bracket !!!

Upgraded the JDM bulbs with LEDs ...

And after a long anticipated installation ... this project is now in the books !!!

Have a great week ahead everyone !!!

- Rodney

Attachments

#130 ·
Hey there Sienna Chat folks !!!

Welcome aboard Rotora Circuit Braker !!!

Many thanks to Loren and the Great Folks for their tremendous support for the Shinkansen SEMA Build … Installation of the Rotora Street Challenge Braking System in the Dark Metallic Blue finish Coming Soon !!!

@ROTORAinc #ROTORAinc. www.ROTORA.com

The calipers in Dark Metallic Blue ...

Thanks to Rotora there are so many color options to choose from !!!

Which rotors did I end up choosing ??!! Stay Tuned !!!

Have a great week !!!

- Rodney

Attachments

#131 ·
Hey there Sienna Chat folks !!!

Welcome aboard Rotora Circuit Braker !!!

Many thanks to Loren and the Great Folks for their tremendous support for the Shinkansen SEMA Build … Installation of the Rotora Street Challenge Braking System in the Dark Metallic Blue finish Coming Soon !!!

@ROTORAinc #ROTORAinc. www.ROTORA.com

The calipers in Dark Metallic Blue ...

View attachment 51977

Thanks to Rotora there are so many color options to choose from !!!

View attachment 51978

Which rotors did I end up choosing ??!! Stay Tuned !!!

View attachment 51979

Have a great week !!!

- Rodney
As cliche’ as red calipers are, I would think red. Gotta match that Inno! Personally on the pearl I would go with the green or orange, thinking you have plans on wrapping so depends on that color.