Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2003 sienna,2000 tundra,2021 tacoma
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just talked to a couple of parts dept techs at my local dealerships and was told that some dealerships are not using trained service techs. they are using young adults and using past employee tech lic. numbers to due work on our autos.
any one hear the same stories? my local dealership got caught doing this by the toyota corps.

· Registered
1,408 Posts
Oh wow!!

The oil changes and tire stuff to some extent usually done by lowest tech or "young adults" at least in our area.

But didn't know about the fake lic... guess cost cutting to another level.

· Registered
137 Posts
I've had tons of dealer horror stories with my Subaru and my Honda. This is why I try to do everything myself, as much as possible. I don't trust anyone. Most dealers have 1-2 top techs who are really good, knowledgeable and experienced techs. They are usually booked up doing the most challenging work, like major engine work, advanced troubleshooting, etc. The rest of the techs are often young, inexperienced "hot shots" who rush through work and don't care. This is not a stereotype - I have witnessed this first hand, many times over the years.
And the "Service Advisors" are 90% idiots who know little to nothing about car service. They are trained to say and do certain things, to "sell" service.

I could go on and on....

· Registered
1,408 Posts
I've had tons of dealer horror stories with my Subaru and my Honda. This is why I try to do everything myself, as much as possible. I don't trust anyone. Most dealers have 1-2 top techs who are really good, knowledgeable and experienced techs. They are usually booked up doing the most challenging work, like major engine work, advanced troubleshooting, etc. The rest of the techs are often young, inexperienced "hot shots" who rush through work and don't care. This is not a stereotype - I have witnessed this first hand, many times over the years.
And the "Service Advisors" are 90% idiots who know little to nothing about car service. They are trained to say and do certain things, to "sell" service.

I could go on and on....
Yup.

At one of the service appointments I had to bring up that their was a recall.

You'd think SA would see on their computer??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts