Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just sold my '04 XLE and purchased a '15 XLE. In my '04 I had LEDs in the interior lights that I liked, but they were the cheap ebay bulbs and it seems they kept having issues with fitment, flickering and generally just crappy. I found MIT Toyota SIENNA 2011-17 interior LED dome lights cargo luggage trunk lamp 7pcs. Has anyone used these bulbs?

Basically I'm looking for a set of LED bulbs that I can install and forget. I'm ok with paying a bit more so I don't have to keep fidding/replacing them.

Thanks,

Kage_

·
Registered
34 Posts
I started my research with your typical Sylvania and Phillips car applications and started reading more. While I still want the long lasting led benefit I don't want the "SUPER" brightness. MIT seems like it's popular around here but I think I'm going to try the Diode Dynamics White Warm 3000k LED bulbs in the near future. If you install something snap some pictures.

Here's an interesting comparison on bulb types

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used the Philips 194s in front and these for everything else: SIRIUSLED 194 White Pack of 10 Amazon.com: SIRIUSLED 194 Extremely Bright 3030 Chipset LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Compact Wedge T10 168 2825 Xenon White Pack of 10: Automotive
The Philips have a cover, so I used them for everything outside, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How long have you been running the SIRIUSLEDs for? Any issues with them going out, flickering etc...?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How long have you been running the SIRIUSLEDs for? Any issues with them going out, flickering etc...?
Only about a month. Just got the van, so I’ve been doing some other projects with the ignition on for extended periods, so they’ve had a workout already, and no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got ones from JDM ASTAR on Amazon, they've been working without any problems since 8/16, so over 3 years now. One small regret that I have is that I got 6500K bulbs, which are way too cold. I wish that I had gotten 4300-5000K ones. I've had really good experiences with the LEDs from superbrightleds.com in other applications, but they're kind of pricey. Replacing the dome lights in the Sienna is relatively easy, so you can take a risk on cheaper bulbs, but when I replaced the bulbs in my dash cluster on another car and didn't want to have them going out anytime soon so I spent a little more on the ones from superbrightleds.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting the dome LEDs from SuperBright. Reviews were good and they had the color temp that I was looking for. When I get them I'll update the thread.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got the new bulbs installed tonight. I ended up purchasing the 194 LED Landscape Light Bulb - 5 LED - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - 30 Lumens in Natural 4100k temp. The color is what I was looking for. Cooler than the stock 3200k but not 6000k cold. The lumen output is what I was wanting. A little brighter than stock, but not so bright that you need sunglasses to get in the vehicle. The bulbs dim as expected with no flickering. I have attached a photo that is pretty close to what my eyes were seeing.

Next I'm looking at replacing the puddle lights in the front doors and the rear cargo light. I am still considering the MIT units since they are plug and play. You pull out the entire fixture and replace it. The plugs on them are supposed to match up exactly.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The puddle lights take the same t-10 bulb that the interior lights do. If you are happy with them use the same brand. Just pull gently out on the top of the mirror, then re-adjust and move the mirror up and out of the way. Then the tab for the lights can be accessed. Once the pod is out, the holder can be separated and the bulb replaced.

2020 Ltd Premium, Alumina Jade Metallic

·
Registered
210 Posts
Next I'm looking at replacing the puddle lights in the front doors and the rear cargo light. I am still considering the MIT units since they are plug and play. You pull out the entire fixture and replace it. The plugs on them are supposed to match up exactly.
I have the MIT rear cargo light and it flickers a bit when dimming. I’ll try to post up a video tomorrow...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the MIT rear cargo light and it flickers a bit when dimming. I’ll try to post up a video tomorrow...
Besides when dimming does it work well? The rest of the lights appear to be holding up well but that one light in the rear is bugging me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got the new bulbs installed tonight. I ended up purchasing the 194 LED Landscape Light Bulb - 5 LED - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - 30 Lumens in Natural 4100k temp. The color is what I was looking for. Cooler than the stock 3200k but not 6000k cold. The lumen output is what I was wanting. A little brighter than stock, but not so bright that you need sunglasses to get in the vehicle. The bulbs dim as expected with no flickering. I have attached a photo that is pretty close to what my eyes were seeing.

Thanks for the feedback.

View attachment 45408
I went with these wedge bulbs from SuperBrightLEDs and they’re really bright at 95 lumens:cool:

Like you, I didn’t want a cool blue look so I went with their “Natural” 4100K which is perfect.

did you get replacements for the vanity? I ordered these which were too big, both the base and the board with the LEDs

·
Registered
210 Posts
Besides when dimming does it work well? The rest of the lights appear to be holding up well but that one light in the rear is bugging me.
Yea it works fine, although the color is a tad cooler than the 4100K wedge bulbs I just installed around the rest of the interior.

I’m tempted to go with the new overhead replacement from Bayson R mentioned here Cargo light improvement

here’s a video of the flicker that I was talking about with the MIT LED

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did you get replacements for the vanity? I ordered these which were too big, both the base and the board with the LEDs
No I have not replaced the vanity's yet. I did in my 2004 and the replacement bulb looked almost like the stock tube bulb but they were the cheap ebay bulbs that were way to bright and like 6000k in color. I did look at the bulbs superbright carried and knew they wouldn't fit from the design of them. I still want to replace the vanity, puddle and cargo lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea it works fine, although the color is a tad cooler than the 4100K wedge bulbs I just installed around the rest of the interior.

I’m tempted to go with the new overhead replacement from Bayson R mentioned here Cargo light improvement

here’s a video of the flicker that I was talking about with the MIT LED
Thanks for the video, that flicker isn't to bad consider it cant be seen normally when the doors are closed. When press the button to turn it off does it stay off till you want it back on?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for the video, that flicker isn't to bad consider it cant be seen normally when the doors are closed. When press the button to turn it off does it stay off till you want it back on?
yup - just press the black button on the right hand side and it stays off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts