Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, was in an accident here in Southern California. Sienna was running amazing at 250k miles. It's unfortunate that it's a total loss because it has many great parts. New steering rack and front suspension. Will probably end up at a Pick A Part

·
Registered
2006 LE
2,178 Posts
You put a lot of work into this van and I am sorry to see it end this way. As long as you were not hurt is what matters. Hope you find yourself another Sienna soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This vehicle has been amazing. Comfortable, reliable workhorse. Has never failed or never left me stranded. Was about to start an overland/camper build out to include upgrading the exhaust/catalytics due to P0420 codes. Glad that I didn't. Going to look for another from this generation preferably a AWD but FWD is ok as well.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Wow! Amazing that anyone walks away from that much damage, let alone walks away without injury. As a kid, the first time I saw an accident like that (without crumple zones), there was a sheet over the driver. The next vehicle will be just as much an adventure as this one!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So sorry about that, and as others have said, it's great that no one was hurt. I own a 2006 (3MZ-FE) (167,000 mi) and a 2008 (2GR-FE) (218,000mi) both LEs, both FW drive and both bought at 2 years old. They are both great, and I like them both for slightly different reasons. If you live in southern Cal I would suggest FW drive, unless you somehow drive where there's tons of snow. In my opinion, FW drive is somewhat more durable / reliable over the long haul. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So sorry for your loss and glad no one was hurt. I have an 06 also but mine only has about 110,000 miles on it so hopefully it will continue on as long as yours did. The only problem I have is I live in Ohio and have to deal with salt in the winter:cry:. It's still in really good shape but sooner or later that winter weather will take it's toll.😅

1 - 12 of 12 Posts