Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts
if you guys are running SE wheels, you can get away with 20mm up front and 25mm in the rear with no rubbing issues lowered or stock height.
Running 15mm in front and 20mm in the front will give me the future option to change out stock SE's without fear of rubbing whether I lower or not correct. Best of both worlds. I would love to see how the wheels look in relation to the fenders at 20/25. Anyone doing this?

Ok, my local installer will not install the H&R spacers with extended studs for me. He said that his H&R representative told him that he didn't recommend the camry kit for the Sienna because of almost 1000lbs of weight difference. H&R doesn't make a dedicated set specific for Siennas for that reason he said and because of liability reasons, my installer (local reputable tuner) won't do it.

I'm not giving up though. It will cost more, but I think I will get ARP extended studs and use them instead of the H&R extended studs that come with the spacers. But I need help because I don't know which size ARP extended studs to get. Anyone chime in please?

I decided to go with motorsport-tech / ADAPTEC custom bolt-on adapters. After reading horror stories about failed ichibas, I was going to give up on bolt-ons, but it seems that bolt-ons may actually be safer as long as I'm diligent about making sure everything is torqued properly from time to time. These are custom made, hubcentric, and it has a lip for the stock wheels, and all made in the USA with lifetime warranty. I also haven't read any stories about these failing or shearing. They have a very strong following by VW, Nissan enthusiasts.

Running 15mm in front and 20mm in the front will give me the future option to change out stock SE's without fear of rubbing whether I lower or not correct. Best of both worlds. I would love to see how the wheels look in relation to the fenders at 20/25. Anyone doing this?

Here's a buddy's SE with 20mm front, 25mm rear. He's running 20x9.5 +35 all around.
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g358/williz0820/IMG_4761.jpg

more pix can be found here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3907993-post55.html

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I'm going on a family vacation next week from Chicago to NC. I'm not worried about my H&R spacers. 2 adults 3 kids and rear packed with luggage and driving through the smoky mountains with elevation changes and many twists and turns. When I get back I'll pull the wheels off and check to see if I can see any cracks on the studs.

Ok, my local installer will not install the H&R spacers with extended studs for me. He said that his H&R representative told him that he didn't recommend the camry kit for the Sienna because of almost 1000lbs of weight difference. H&R doesn't make a dedicated set specific for Siennas for that reason he said and because of liability reasons, my installer (local reputable tuner) won't do it.

I'm not giving up though. It will cost more, but I think I will get ARP extended studs and use them instead of the H&R extended studs that come with the spacers. But I need help because I don't know which size ARP extended studs to get. Anyone chime in please?

I quite dont really understand your local installer's reasoning with the H&R spacers... I do completely understand that the Sienna is 1000lbs. heavier and that can pose as a caution light if one should install camry spacers to the Sienna but based on experience, I've sold tons of spacers before and sometimes the only difference between a tundra spacer to a camry spacer is just the bolt pattern and the hub bore. Of course at the end of the day no compan just wants to be held liable for anything so its always safe t say for them to go "I wouldnt advise you doing that"...

Nevertheless I do believe in the thinking when it comes to spacers is that less is better... if you can achieve the look you want with less spacer use I would always opt for that....

for example, If I were to choose between a wheel with +35 and +25 offset wheel, I would choose to go with the +25 offset and get a 10mm spacer to get to +15 offset to flush wheels as opposed to getting a +35 and get a 20mm spacer and get to +15 offset......

One thing that's good with H&R spacers is that they are Hubcenric... they put a lot less (if there's even any)stress on the studs that way instead of getting spacers that sit on nothing but the actual studs (non hubcentric)...

furthermore I just went to LA not even a year ago with spacers on and 7 people with even a yakima 21 ft. box on top. No problems at all whatsoever and car held up perfectly. Of course I also drove conservatively and didnt race through HIghway 5 like I would with like an Evo or any sports car hahah... hopefully no one else experiences cracked spacers though because I personally have never seen it happen unless car was a full on race car or it was accident related... also improperly installing them with also make that possibl

if you guys are running SE wheels, you can get away with 20mm up front and 25mm in the rear with no rubbing issues lowered or stock height.
Im thinking of doing 20mm H&R all around with stock SE wheels, will the fronts be sticking out too much? I've seen pictures with 15 mm fronts only and the ones with 20 mm is using aftermarket wheels so I cannot visualize the actual look. Do I really need to make it wider in the back?

it wont look weird Rhys... its just that I think it'll maximize the worth of your spacers. spacers are meant to give you the flushed look and if you got 20mm all around then you're not going as flushed as you can in the rear... not exactly a bad thing but just not maximizing it...

it wont look weird Rhys... its just that I think it'll maximize the worth of your spacers. spacers are meant to give you the flushed look and if you got 20mm all around then you're not going as flushed as you can in the rear... not exactly a bad thing but just not maximizing it...
Thanks cape, very good point. Will decide soon,thanks again..

hi Rhys, i was also deciding between 15/20 vs 20/25 with stock wheels and spring. did you have a chance to put any of them on? i would surely want to see a pic of 20/25 on stock.
sorry brave, not yet. Weather here in Chicago is still winter like. Maybe next week it will be a lot better. Anyway, I think I'm either gonna do 15 all around or 20 all around, it might not look flush all around but dimension wise I want it to be even. You might get it before me so pls. Post some pics, good luck.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Rhys, I'm using H&R 15mm fronts and 20mm rears on stock wheels and suspension on my SE. It will transform the look of your van especially from the rear. No more tucked in look that Toyota is known for. The stock offset of the wheels was the main thing that bothered me about the Sienna and that was the first mod I did when I bought it. 10k miles on the spacers so far and zero. If you have a floor jack you can DIY changing out the stock wheel studs.

sorry brave, not yet. Weather here in Chicago is still winter like. Maybe next week it will be a lot better. Anyway, I think I'm either gonna do 15 all around or 20 all around, it might not look flush all around but dimension wise I want it to be even. You might get it before me so pls. Post some pics, good luck.
whoever installs first posts the photos~ lol~

if you want it to look even, do 15 front, 20mm rear. you want to go thicker in the rear because it's tucked more compared to the front in stock form. do some measurements and see for yourself. it'll look better than going 20 all around IMO.

Rhys, I'm using H&R 15mm fronts and 20mm rears on stock wheels and suspension on my SE. It will transform the look of your van especially from the rear. No more tucked in look that Toyota is known for. The stock offset of the wheels was the main thing that bothered me about the Sienna and that was the first mod I did when I bought it. 10k miles on the spacers so far and zero. If you have a floor jack you can DIY changing out the stock wheel studs.
Thanks bkwon, i think im gonna do it like yours ,anyway, how far are you from Orland Park? Do you think we could meet up so I can check out all your mods? Pls. Let me know, thanks again.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.