Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Sienna CE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, my name is "Stray"..well, what I'd like to be called anyway.

We (my wife and I) just purchased a 2010 Sienna. Interesting story how it came about...

Before my last child was born (3 years ago), I mentioned to her "Let's buy a minivan," to which she responded with "Ew, gross!"

We had talked about it off and on, I was really trying to push for it. At this point I had forgotten Toyota makes minivans, and I was pushing for a Chrysler Pacifica.

We love our Toyotas, our first car was a 2000 Camry (purchased in 2014), then we bought a 2008 Tundra (purchased in 2019). We've had 2 Nissans and a Dodge between the Camry and Tundra, but none of them really felt as good as our Camry did (or Tundra). Then about 6 months ago, she called me up and said "What about a Sienna?" I thought for a second, then it hit me "Toyota makes minivans!" So, I replied "It's a minivan, you don't want a minivan, but what about it?" She replied with "I want one."

Well, we weren't in a position to get another vehicle, and weren't going to be for a while (poor credit, trying to rebuild, and financially speaking). I did tell her "If we're going to get a minivan, we're going to get one new. I've seen what families do to minivans. I don't want another families problems." Well, a few weeks back, my wife got rear-ended in our Camry (May Isabelle rest in peace, she'll always hold a special place in my heart, next to my '93 Firebird I had at 19 years old). Insurance company payout was quite a bit, enough for a sizeable downpayment on a new, or new-ish, Sienna. I tried to buy one from Carvana, but they didn't like me being a 1099 owner operator truck driver, to summarize a 2 hour phone call. So, needing to replace our fuel-efficient Camry, something the whole family can fit in, I started looking around. I stumbled across the only Sienna in our area (besides private sellers, I REALLY didn't want to go that route). We drove to the dealership, and said "I want that Sienna." The dealer just listed it on the website the afternoon before we got there, so they haven't even had a chance to clean it, take pictures for the website, thoroughly go through it for problems, or much of anything. I test drove it, gave it a good look around, signed for it, and drove it home. I instantly fell in love with it, wife on the other hand....well, she's on the fence about it. All 3 of our kids love the van as well. My daughter, aged 7, got really excited over the third row, and she has cup holders! Seriously, when I was looking at the pictures on Carvana, she kept saying "I want that van, daddy! I can sit on the back row, Ashton (5 year old) can sit on the other side, and Tuxie (3 year old) can sit right behind you!" Then, when we got this one, she climbed in the back, and she hollered out "DADDY! IT HAS CUP HOLDERS BACK HERE! I WANT A DRINK TO PUT IN MY CUP HOLDER!" I just laughed.

I've not done much research on this generation of Sienna, but if I love this one, I'm sure I'll love the newer ones.

Anywho, there is my introduction to our van, and our story on the acquistion of said van, which my daughter named Hay-Lee. We drove from the dealership to my mom's house to show it off (3 hour drive total), and took the first picture of it.

2010 Toyota Sienna CE with 128k miles at purchase, 21st of July, 2021. I do wish it had power doors (but, the little research I've done on it, I go back and forth on it), and I'm not too fond of the color, but it's just fine, for now.

I can tell the motor mounts have been changed recently, and it's had exhaust work, as the exhaust manifold gasket had been changed. That's all I've noticed so far.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome to SiennChat. You got yourself one great minivan. At 128k miles, there's not much you really need to worry about. Two things I do recommend: Drain and fill your trans fluid during your next three oil changes and change the heater water inlet outlet T connector. It's plastic and mine blew out draining all the coolant. This will get you stranded wherever you are if this happens to you. I used a brass T connector. I posted about it here.

My daily driver is a 2010 LE and both rear sliding doors are manually operated now but i don't miss it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks like someone swapped the CE's steel rims with hubcaps for the nicer LE alloy rims at some point.

Congrats on the new ride!

Reactions: straycatstrat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts