Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always just run a line all the way around the inside of my van but this time I'd really like to make a cleaner arrangement with separate curtains for each window.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I haven't made these and haven't even worked out all the details yet, but here are my thoughts...

Attach a shock cord across the top and bottom of each window. Small bolt with a spacer and washers into the plastic at each end of each of the cords to create little posts for the shock cord. Then make curtains with a slot at top and bottom for the cord. Would be easy to take in and out (leaving just the bolts). I'm also thinking one shock cord across the B pillars at the top could be used to create a divider behind the driver/passenger seats.

What I am using temporarily right now are Reflectix panels for the back three windows (2 vented windows + rear window). They are cut so they are about 1" larger than the inside opening all around and I can just squish them into the openings when we setup camp. Those and a standard windshield sun blocker.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, this brings back memories - the last vehicle I rode in that had curtains was my dad's '75 Chevrolet Blazer. It was dark green with a white top, and my mom made the rear side-window curtains from some Hawaiian "Aloha shirt" print fabric in white with green tiki-style images. The curtains had sleeves in the top and bottom hems, which slid onto curtain rods then commonly available in hardware stores. They were thin telescoping rods about 1/4 - 3/8 inch diameter made of rolled sheet metal painted white, with two holes in each of the brass bullet-shaped end caps. The holes fit onto pins formed in the mounting hooks, which were also white-painted sheet metal. The hooks were meant to be screwed, for example, into a wooden house door with window panes. My dad epoxied them onto the fiberglass removable roof of the Blazer spaced so that the curtains would put a little tension in the rods, and the lower hooks were mounted upside-down. I only remember one hook coming unglued one time, and that blazer was used for many trailer-towing, fishing and camping trips, including at least once across the U.S. from L.A. to Pennsylvania and back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts