Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2015 Sienna XLE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infotainment system in our 2015 has treated us well, but it's starting to show it's age and CarPlay would just be nice. We are also getting the occasional black screen, so I know what's coming.

I recently put a 7"Sony touchscreen w/ CarPlay in my Golf.

I love the unit since it fills the space in the Golf nicely. The thing about the Sienna is - there is just SO MUCH more real-estate to work with.

Every larger screen that Crutchfield has is a "floating screen" type that morphs back into a single-din.

That's a big no-no. If it absolutely comes down to that - I would rather flush mount a 7" screen.

Has anyone found/used anything with a larger screen that still mounts flush? I have no crazy requirements, just my backup camera and carplay. Preferably a brand I have heard of before.

· Premium Member
2014 Sienna LE
799 Posts
I’m confused a bit. I had looked for my 2014 LE and Crutchfield had plenty of double din radios. Due to being less wide than their OEM radio, it needs a black frame. But they had tons of non-floating options. Like this Kenwood 6.8” model, marked as a top seller. Kenwood DMX4707S

EDIT: I think I may have misunderstood your question. I’m guessing it’s because without modifying the double din mount itself there isn’t enough room for a flush mount larger screen?

EDIT 2: May be more an economies of scale. Double din still has a market. But if you start custom sizing screens to fit specific OEM dashboards, the market size is REALLY tiny. Make it floating, and doesn’t really matter what vehicle you put it in, just a cheap plastic bezel is the only custom item for that vehicle.

· Registered
15 Posts
I know this is a Sienna forum but this applies. I love my Chinese android unit (Joying brand) that I put into my '18 Corolla. Worth looking at if they have one this size. Install was simple plug and play for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts