Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
First guess would be the fuse. After that, wiring would be next. I always thought it was weird that my Sienna doesn't have a physical pull-cable of some sorts on the inside as a mechanical release for the tailgate to still be opened in the event of an electrical failure.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Correction: the outside release works and lets me open the hatch manually. When I close it manually, I hear the normal sounds of the locking mechanism.
Good. At the top of this page there's a Search Community box. Type anything in that box and hit the enter key. When the results page comes up click Advanced Search, type hatch release in the Keywords box, navigate down to Search in forums, and select Problems, Maintenance, and Repair (Gen 2). Hit search and you'll find quite a few posts for this problem. Hopefully it will be this easy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First guess would be the fuse. After that, wiring would be next. I always thought it was weird that my Sienna doesn't have a physical pull-cable of some sorts on the inside as a mechanical release for the tailgate to still be opened in the event of an electrical failure.
Which fuse? I can't tell from the fuse box cover which fuse covers the lift mechanism.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Solution was in an earlier post. The disable switch to the left of the steering column was in the off position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts