Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about cars, but I love my 2008 Sienna. I got it brand new, and it's at 197, 384 miles right now. I'd appreciate advice on care and feeding to get it to at least 230,000 K. Do I need to think about Suspension issues? Steering difficulties? Transmission troubles? I will keep up the regular maintenance and put those magic Nokian snowtires on in the winter. (By the way, this forum has helped me; rattles in the exhaust system were resolved when I told my mechanic what I had read here.) Thanks mucho to all of you who are way more knowledgeable than me!

·
Registered
33 Posts
What repairs have you made so far?

Regular maintenance doesn't just mean oil changes. It also means changing the transmission fluid regularly, along with exchanging the power steering fluid and coolant from time to time. If the transmission fluid has been changed regularly, your transmission should be fine.

Some common things to keep an eye out for... the water pump and radiator, at this age/mileage. Your spark plugs should have been changed by now. Most other things, you could probably replace if/when it goes bad and shouldn't pose a major reliability problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for these thoughts and recommendations. New radiator and plugs 24,000 miles ago. I believe all fluids changed correctly; I’ll check!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you for these thoughts and recommendations. New radiator and plugs 24,000 miles ago. I believe all fluids changed correctly; I’ll check!
The new radiator and spark plugs should last you another 100K. If the water pump is original, I would look at having that replaced soon, many of them fail between the 150K-200K mark so yours is likely towards the end of its lifespan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts