Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlights in my 2016 Sienna LE fwd is not bright enough, especially in night without lights on highway. I'm looking for replacement to get extremely bright bulbs. I appreciated if anyone have recommendation with purchase link and model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
spend around 70bucks on amazon for HID KIT from DDMtuning . dont get other chinese crap. my van has very strong light output

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another option that I just did on my new to me 2013 Sienna XLE was to replace the low beam H11 bulbs with H9 bulbs and the wiring harness conversion from Bulb Zilla ($25). Do a Google search for H11 to H9 conversion and you will find many posts in many forums about this switch. I have done it on 3 cars already and it is a great alternative to LED bulbs that may not work well in our lenses. The H11 is 1200 lumens and the H9 is 2100 lumens.

The Bulb Zilla (Google the name to find the seller as Amazon no longer sells them) harness plugs into the factory H11 socket then the other end fits the H9 bulb. All you have to do to the H9 bulb to fit it into the H11 lens hole is trim the center metal tab on the bulb base. Google search for images of this, although many other forum posts have photos. This takes 30 seconds with some wire cutters. Always wear gloves and never touch the bulb with your bare hands as the skin oil will create hot spots that make the bulb burn out faster. If you do touch it then clean the bulb with rubbing alcohol.

The H9 bulbs from Philips are available on Amazon for a low price, about $9 each, but due to the higher power they burn out faster, usually about a year is the life expectancy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The headlights in my 2016 Sienna LE fwd is not bright enough, especially in night without lights on highway. I'm looking for replacement to get extremely bright bulbs. I appreciated if anyone have recommendation with purchase link and model.
DON'T GET LED or HID retrofit bulbs! Your reflector is not designed for those bulbs and they will at best give inferior lighting and at worst blind all other drivers on the road. Get an upgraded halogen bulb. Stick to a reputable brand. Sylvania silverstar ultra are a good upgrade that will work properly with your reflectors. Osram night breaker unlimited are also a good bulb. Just keep in mind that any bulb that is brighter is going to have a shorter lifespan than your OEM bulb.

·
Registered
198 Posts
DON'T GET LED or HID retrofit bulbs! Your reflector is not designed for those bulbs and they will at best give inferior lighting and at worst blind all other drivers on the road. Get an upgraded halogen bulb. Stick to a reputable brand. Sylvania silverstar ultra are a good upgrade that will work properly with your reflectors. Osram night breaker unlimited are also a good bulb. Just keep in mind that any bulb that is brighter is going to have a shorter lifespan than your OEM bulb.
FWIW, no 3rd Gen Sienna headlight assembly have reflectors - they all came with projectors (most are halogen - only certain variants of the Limited trim came with factory HIDs.) However I do agree with your sentiment - don’t stick a plug and play HID or LED kit into halogen projectors. Several folks here have properly retrofitted HID projectors to their Siennas, most popular being the 4G TL-R bi-xenon projectors from Morimoto. A quick search will return plenty of information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts