Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to install a heated steering wheel into a Sienna that did not come with one? Kinda curious as I live in Canada and it gets really cold some day.

·
Super Moderator
4,511 Posts
Add in the Heater Control ($152), dash switch, maybe an integration relay, and also check that the Clock Spring (spiral cable) is the same to handle the increase in current and whatever wiring needs to be in the steering column. I'm betting on $1k before all is said and done.....

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Add in the Heater Control ($152), dash switch, maybe an integration relay, and also check that the Clock Spring (spiral cable) is the same to handle the increase in current and whatever wiring needs to be in the steering column. I'm betting on $1k before all is said and done.....
Thanks for telling them. I get tired of injecting reality into some of these schemes. IMO, $1K is a low estimate for doing this swap. This is a feature that's inexpensive to install when the vehicle is manufactured but not so much after the fact.

I see heated steering wheel covers on the Internet for as little as $16. Walmart has one for $26.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
While we're on the subject of the heated steering wheel, here's something they didn't mention in the sales brochure. If you purchased the heated steering wheel option, it doesn't heat the entire wheel. At least 30% of the wheel doesn't heat. If it were a clock-face, the 11, 12, 1, and 6 positions remain ice-cold with the heating option turned on. Not sure if this was a manufacturing defect or a poor design, but I feel like I should get 30% of the price refunded to me!

·
Super Moderator
4,511 Posts
You get that much heated? I'd say we get heat 2-4 on the right, 8-10 on the left. That leaves 11-1 and 5-7 cold on our van.

Careful, I'm going to hunt you down and swap wheels!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts