Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE my heater temperature knob is stuck on max heat and I can not get it to change temperature at all. It has the automatic climate control with digital display. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
4,415 Posts
Left and right heat are both stuck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes both left and right do not change and I can not change fan speed or mode but I can change the rear settings from the same panel.

·
Super Moderator
4,415 Posts
So it's more than just the inability to control the temperature. You can't change mode or fan speed.

I have not done much work with the Gen-III system, but on the Gen-II vans the front panel was just a skin. There were some cables that connected it to AC Amplifier (a bit deeper in the dash) that did all the thinking and implementation of what you selected. IIRC, there were 7 different fuses either unique to the HVAC system or shared with other functions that powered it and all the subassemblies front and rear. It could be as simple as a blown fuse, or a dead AC Amp itself.

I have some schematics for the newer vans, but not time right now. Maybe tonight I'll try to assemble a list. In the meantime, check your owners manual for fuse identification (underhood fuse box, and the one by your drivers left knee), plus see if anything else on the van is not working as it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok thank you I will try to check out the fuses and any thing else you think of will help. thank you
Hi Keebler - my 2013 van did the EXACT same thing today. I'm stuck at 74 degrees. Did you ever get this issue resolved? What was wrong and can you share how you fixed it?

Update: it was the SYNC button - it was stuck in the down position. All set now

·
Registered
1 Posts
so grateful for this forum. I was about to schedule a god knows how much service appointment at the dealership. Are temperature was stuck at 72° in the front driver front passenger and rear settings couldn't get anything to change it. Checked all the fuses, nada. IT WAS THE SYNC BUTTON DEPRESSED AND STUCK IN THE DOWN POSITION! "Repaired" for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I had the exact same problem tonight and read this forum trying to figure it out. We were driving back from the sister in laws and saw that we couldn't change our temperature setting or fan speed. Read this forum tonight and saw that Equifax had an issue with the Sync button being stuck down. Mentioned that to my wife who stated that she had pushed the sync button earlier in the day. Went out and checked it and sure enough it was stuck down. Jared it back up and everything is working great now. Thanks for the help guys. Wanted to chime in here and state that Equifax's fix is now 2 for 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts