Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. We have a 2000 Toyota Sienna LE in sand color. It still has less than 200,000 miles on it. It rides beautifully and is spacious, especially since it does not have a clunky console between driver and passenger. Why oh why do they not offer steering column-mounted shifters on new models? It has both a CD player and a cassette player, now that's badass! I'm here on the forum looking for parts and repair assistance.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Gen4 driver here:

I often wonder why they didn't make the central console removable, at least bin/cubby, so you can change seats w/o exiting the van. And yes, that shifter - along with the extra buttons for the driving mode etc. - could have been mounted on the dashboard, or indeed anywhere, because it's just a glorified electric switch with no mechanical connection to the powertrain. And ordinarily it's only used when beginning and ending the trip. That said, I am glad I have this shifter, because the buttons like they have in the CRV Hybrid simply do not provide enough haptic feedback.

In Gen4, there is no CD player, which wouldn't be a problem if there was a dedicated USB port for the flash drive with music. But this port for some reason is also used for Android Auto connect, so you can't run your Waze on the car screen and listen to your music at the same time. All the while Gen 4 has more USB ports than any other vehicle, IMO :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts