Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently bought a 1999 Sienna, thought it was a good deal, $1,700 and it has less than 100k miles on it.

Anyway, it only came with one key, a solid metal key that obviously doesn’t have any type of transponder in it. My wife hates the metal key and wants to order a replacement with a plastic Toyota head

Am I correct in assuming that I don’t need to have anything programmed since the only key we have (that works) is a solid metal key?

·
Registered
816 Posts
That looks like the one. If convenient, you can often find keys at Ace Hardware or even Home Depot, which they'll also cut, but the key won't say Toyota. I recently got a blank Toyota key for my 2017 and took it to my local Ace, and they wouldn't cut it because they didn't sell the blank (which they don't even carry); I'll have to go to a locksmith.

Do you have lock/unlock/slide door fob? I have the two from my deceased 2002--would have to ensure these would work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I actually just bought an OEM Toyota key fob off of EBay, verified with a local Toyota dealer what the part number was.

looking forward to it. I had to replace 3 of the 4 door handles, two were completely missing and it’s a pain to put the key in the lock, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts