Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we all know toyota has 3 yrs/36000 bumper to bumper and 5 yrs/60000 miles power tran warranty on new cars.
CPO has 3 months/3000 bumper to bumper and 7 yrs/100000 miles power tran.

Let say if I buy a 2010 Sienna with 12000 miles CPO. Since it's 2010, isn't it "supposed" to have the factory warranty until 2013 with 36k miles on bumper to bumper and 2015/ 60 k miles power tran?

But now if it is CPO, the term is 3 months/3K miles on everything and 7 yrs/100K miles (2017/100k miles for power tran)? If the NAV failed and need a new one 5 months later. It will be out of CPO's 3 months/3K miles coverage. But will the factory warranty take care of it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
OK, I'm relatively new to this forum and don't understand all the terminology.

Please help me understand "CPO".

What's it stand for? ???

·
Registered
204 Posts
CPO = Certified Pre-Owned

I think the 3m/3k warranty may only effect vehicles that are out of their basic 3yr/36k factory warranty (not sure though). In any case, the remainder of any factory warranty will be in effect from the vehicles original "in-service date".

·
Super Moderator
4,831 Posts
On March 1, the terms of the CPO warranty changed. Bumper to bumper went from 3 months / 3k miles to 12 months / 12k miles. Roadside assistance used to be for the full 7 yr / 100k miles, but was reduced to 1 year.

If you opt to buy an extended warranty (like the Platinum plan), there is a special version of the plan for CPO buyer, but the catch is you must buy it on the same day as the car! The CPO Platinum includes full roadside assistance - like key or fuel service. If you buy the 'regular' Platinum (new car plan - available during the 3/36? original warranty??) anytime after the CPO date of sale, the roadside assistance only covers towing for breakdown. Not a huge change, but very confusing....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts