Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 toyota sienna awd .. replaced both control arms Stabilizer bar bushing and link brand new shocks and complete struts new brakes front and rear and I still hear like a loose noise when in the rear when I drive tru rough roads . I also took out the jack handle from the compartment no help still .any suggestions will help thank you

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a 2009 toyota sienna awd .. replaced both control arms Stabilizer bar bushing and link brand new shocks and complete struts new brakes front and rear and I still hear like a loose noise when in the rear when I drive tru rough roads . I also took out the jack handle from the compartment no help still .any suggestions will help thank you
I had something similar in my car many, many years ago. I bought a bunch of rear end parts and spent a day trying to figure out what could be wrong. Upon lifting it up and pulling the wheels, everything was clean and tight and secure. Dismayed, I put it all back together and took it for a ride and heard the noise again. As it turned out, I had something in the trunk bouncing around.

That said, I would get a factory service manual with the diagnostic tests to try to diagnose the problem before throwing any more parts at the problem. Alternately, take it to a mechanic and have them assess the problem. Given the stuff you've already done, I'm going to make a guess that, if it's not your rear end but sounds like it's coming from the rear, I would check your u-joints or, more generally, your whole drive shaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts