Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slipped Firestone Coil-Rite bags into the rear springs.

The van is back on the ground but hasn’t been loaded and there’s no pressure in the bags. The bags are all the way up in the spring cavity leaving a gap between the bags and the spacer collars. It this right or will the van settle so there’s no gap?

I read of folks putting the air valve by the fuel filler (too high to hold a portable air tank) and in the left interior pocket where some vans have a subwoofer (dog crate blocks access). Where else have folks attached the air valve? I’m thinking by the spare to give me another reason to check tire pressure.

Sixto
‘04 LE FWD 194K miles

·
Registered
853 Posts
I had Airlift 1000 on my 2004. Honestly I centered my bags with the wheels off the ground. Added a bit of pressure to the bags then lowered it down. Then added more air to what I liked. I ran 15 PSI for most part. Again Airlift 1000.

As far as the air hose. I ran mine up into the right rear area where the jack is. My hitch wiring was there also. Again. Just the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn’t see a quick way to the jack storage area that didn’t get close to the tailpipe, nor anything to zip tie the line to under the netted pocket (subwoofer) area on the other side. For now the valve goes through the plastic fender liner of the left rear wheel pointing at the center of the wheel. There’ll be bigger problems if the wheel goes that far forward. Not ideal because the liner deflects when I push the inflator or gauge onto the valve. 30psi is too stiff with only a driver aboard. Let’s see if it needs that much with 8 aboard.

Sixto
‘04 LE FWD 195K miles

·
Registered
853 Posts
Can you describe the routing to the storage area and how you mounted the Schrader valve? Maybe a picture.

Sixto
‘04 LE FWD 195K miles
Sorry. No pics of my old van. It did run close the the tailpipe. Once I routed inside I just coiled the hose in the compartment with the schrader valve on the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts