Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
201 - 220 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
What is underneath looks like a spare tire. I dare anyone to go all 4 wheels that way. Lol.
Man this feels like those Tesla M3 owners who know their aero wheels look bad yet keep pushing it.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
546 Posts
What is underneath looks like a spare tire. I dare anyone to go all 4 wheels that way. Lol.
Man this feels like those Tesla M3 owners who know their aero wheels look bad yet keep pushing it.
May be that is why they glued up the plastic cover.. the don't want anyone to find out how cheap are these! 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
109 Posts
You were asking davecyen to remove it, apparently thinking that it had been posted on siennachat.com. I was merely pointing out that it was posted on reddit in case you wanted to follow the thread.
Affirm, in his post, he quoted a siennachat forum. So that’s why I just said that here.

·
Registered
202 Posts
May be that is why they glued up the plastic cover.. the don't want anyone to find out how cheap are these! 🤣 🤣
It’s an age thing I guess. There are many who are young, just got their vans, etc who didn’t know that at one time all cars came with hub caps and the rims behind them look just like the spare...and they were all black.
Now the trend of black rims just takes me back to those days. TV shows used to depict cars with black wheels as broken blown cars. People don’t watch Tv anymore so that image went away. Now everybody wants their cars with black rims and look like taxis.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE, Blueprint
20 Posts
It’s an age thing I guess. There are many who are young, just got their vans, etc who didn’t know that at one time all cars came with hub caps and the rims behind them look just like the spare...and they were all black.
Now the trend of black rims just takes me back to those days. TV shows used to depict cars with black wheels as broken blown cars. People don’t watch Tv anymore so that image went away. Now everybody wants their cars with black rims and look like taxis.
yeah, but those were pretty cheap to replace as they often came flying off on the highway or during a major snow storm. These current ones are glued on which, frankly, is a dumb design. The first time I grind them against a curb and potentially crack them, which I know I will, I'm replacing with a different set of rim. Perhaps I would fell better about the plastic rims if I had the platinum trim (that has the birds eye view)...but since that's not even an option on lower trim, then they should consider a different mounting of the covers or actual finished rims for the 2022 model.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
123 Posts
Does anyone remember reading or hearing anywhere that the wheels are plastic covered? I was fine with the look until I saw what can happen if you brush a curb. (Easy to do with the long wheelbase, compared to the old Outback.) All I remember seeing is that they are alloy wheels. No dealer or website mentioned plastic covers. I could be wrong. $700 can buy you a very nice wheel AND tire.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does anyone remember reading or hearing anywhere that the wheels are plastic covered? I was fine with the look until I saw what can happen if you brush a curb. (Easy to do with the long wheelbase, compared to the old Outback.) All I remember seeing is that they are alloy wheels. No dealer or website mentioned plastic covers. I could be wrong. $700 can buy you a very nice wheel AND tire.
Driving into curbs must be a small percentage of owners. Most are repeat buyers or have owned suvs. It is just bad driving imo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After almost 2 months of back order status, finally received and slapped em on! Took a quick test drive and didn’t feel too much difference yet. 20” upgraded wheels weighted at approx. 24lbs only, compared to stock 18” wheels at 27.5lb so might actually even get better gas mileage.

20x8.5 40mm Offset
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 245/45/20

DC70DCD7-C6E3-4126-9F2E-D0A7E1DD7A46.jpeg
B521E7E8-0911-456F-A11A-E21DB5D33C7B.jpeg
73A092CA-C385-495E-A7E0-B0CD7F71D0FF.jpeg
5D047977-DC78-4E2A-B14F-4599D884A274.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks really good, what brand is it and do you need spacer for the hub?
Enkei Performance. No spacer needed. In and out of the shop in 30-45 mins with original TPMS transferred over. Took off so fast I forgot to take the cheap EMBARASSING PLASTIC wheels 😆

of course I need to go back and grab them or else they’ll charge me for storage/ disposal haha

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE, Blueprint
20 Posts
After almost 2 months of back order status, finally received and slapped em on! Took a quick test drive and didn’t feel too much difference yet. 20” upgraded wheels weighted at approx. 24lbs only, compared to stock 18” wheels at 27.5lb so might actually even get better gas mileage.

20x8.5 40mm Offset
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 245/45/
Enkei Performance. No spacer needed. In and out of the shop in 30-45 mins with original TPMS transferred over. Took off so fast I forgot to take the cheap EMBARASSING PLASTIC wheels 😆

of course I need to go back and grab them or else they’ll charge me for storage/ disposal haha
Xm-6 40 inset?

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
123 Posts

I'd love it if you tried some heat on one of those plastic covers to remove one, see if it can come off without much damage to the wheel, and a pic of what the wheel really looks like. (y) 😁 (y)

Reactions: Jlou
201 - 220 of 310 Posts