Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

221 - 240 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still hoping someone will try to remove the plastic covers after they have replaced the wheels...will heat do the trick? If underneath it they look like the spare, I'd be happy with that. My managing editor would not let me splurge on new fancy wheels and tires.
View attachment 50190
Supposedly they are alloy wheels under those covers. 😎
Please post a picture of you do!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd love it if you tried some heat on one of those plastic covers to remove one, see if it can come off without much damage to the wheel, and a pic of what the wheel really looks like. (y) 😁 (y)
Unfortunately I won’t be destroying the stock wheels. Likely just going to stack em up and let em collect dust. Have a spare set in case I feel like upgrading or selling some day. I just don’t want anything to do with that embarrassing set lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unfortunately I won’t be destroying the stock wheels. Likely just going to stack em up and let em collect dust. Have a spare set in case I feel like upgrading or selling some day. I just don’t want anything to do with that embarrassing set lol
Looks like you're in SF. Can you let me know where you got the chrome delete and how much it cost?

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
Looks like underneath the shiny plastic is glossy black. It is same as inside of the rest of the rim that is not covered by the plastic cover. My guess is based on the little damage I put on my rim already :(. Here are are a couple of high resolution pics. You can see the glue too underneath. I have no idea when and where this happened. I just happened to notice it today :(

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
102 Posts
Looks like underneath the shiny plastic is glossy black. It is same as inside of the rest of the rim that is not covered by the plastic cover. My guess is based on the little damage I put on my rim already :(. Here are are a couple of high resolution pics. You can see the glue too underneath. I have no idea when and where this happened. I just happened to noticed it today :(

View attachment 50264 View attachment 50265
Take it off! Take it off! Take it off!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheaper to use the same wheel as often as possible when manufacturing tens of thousands of vehicles… one after another.

I also like the black wheels, but can appreciate the business / tight margins decision underlying this one.
They could’ve easily made black wheel covers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Plastic wheel covers. On a vehicle type that's intended to get the crap beat out of it. So stupid.

Could Highlander wheels be swapped on?

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
122 Posts
hahaha.. I would if I could but destroying something takes a lot of hard work and skills too.. both of which I lack!
Where's your sense of adventure!! Take a hair dryer and warm the edge near the break and use something other than your fingers to gently pry the plastic from the wheel. You can then feel the grandeur of accomplishment and receive your well-deserved hero's praise from those of us waiting for someone to boldly go where no man has gone before! 🔨 🔧 😁(y) You may end up with a wheel that is worth something...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Where's your sense of adventure!! Take a hair dryer and warm the edge near the break and use something other than your fingers to gently pry the plastic from the wheel. You can then feel the grandeur of accomplishment and receive your well-deserved hero's praise from those of us waiting for someone to boldly go where no man has gone before! 🔨 🔧 😁(y) You may end up with a wheel that is worth something...
Well, wheels are not my thing. They just go round and round, and if they get me there.....I am good..... plastic or otherwise.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
I’ll venmo you $20

Hahah...

Last thing I tried was to replace a bathroom sink faucet. Seeing someone do it on a 2 minute youtube video made me think I could do it. How hard could it be?

Half-way thru it, I found myself stuck with miss-matched tube size that was also tiny bit short. Forget about putting a new faucet, I couldn't even put back together what I had undone :(. Due to Covid, my wife wouldn't let me bring in a plumber right away. We were down to one bathroom sink. For next 4 months, my wife and kids took every opportunity they got to remind me of my inability to do "Simple-Easy" things. It was my wife who had pushed me to do it because most of our other friends are good with this sort of things. However, it was all still my fault in the end :(.

With my luck, and clumsiness, I am sure I will find a way to make it worse and will somehow end up with a 4800LBs paper weight ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anyone know the stock weight of the 18" rims on the AWD XSE?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE AWD
25 Posts
Didn’t want to blow a ton of $ on wheels and tires yet so went the hyperdip route and blacked out almost all the chrome today. Last bit is to find a front emblem to black out.

Turned out pretty good on stock wheels, just doesn’t have the stance of the 20’s that I’d like but will hold me over until my tire change.

Would recommend it to anyone looking to do the same but first time using hyperdip so will see how it holds up on the plastic chrome.

That looks great!

221 - 240 of 298 Posts