Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

261 - 280 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I almost wanted to go with the gunmetal since that is the color combo I had on my 2017 RX 350 F-Sport (white with gunmetal rims). In fact, these rims are the same design. However when I looked, I couldn’t find anyone selling them in gunmetal. Also the XSE makes liberal use of glossy black, therefore the rims don’t look out of place or aftermarket. I was aiming for an OEM look but wasn’t keen on the 5-spoke design on the Sienna.

The ride on the 255’s is not much worse than stock. I was worried that there might be some rubbing with the lower offset and wider tires, but everything worked out perfectly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been lurking on this forum for a while and just picked up my 21 XSE AWD that I ordered. Thanks to this forum, I was able to order the correct size wheels with the right offset (30mm). For tires, I decided to go with the PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 255/45ZR20 since this size most closely matched the diameter of the stock 18” tires and were highly rated and on sale at Costco.
View attachment 49032 View attachment 49033 View attachment 49031
For the wheels, I went with these in gloss black.

I also ordered a full set of Toyota black lugs and black wheel locks to match. The only thing I need now is to get the Toyota emblem for the center caps. Please let me know what you think.
Loved the look of this! I just ordered a set of the gunmetal 20” for Gray Mica XSE that is arriving in a few weeks. I found the gun metal through an auto body shop (RX replacements and they were similar cost). When the van arrives and they are bolted up i will post some pics!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Finally changed the wheels on my Black XSE Technology AWD (Canadian spec.)

New Wheels specs are almost the same as OEM, except for offset.

New Wheel Specs:

7.5 inch width
35 offset
60.1 Bore
Gloss Black

Used the same OEM tires and TPMS sensors. Moved the centre hub caps from OEM wheels to the new ones. New black lug nuts to match the wheels.

Toyota dealership (where I bought the van) did the work.

F83464BB-FF02-4A49-83A1-4697FD0FD0BD.jpeg
CD7144FD-9481-4784-8221-7F2000B3180D.png

·
Registered
157 Posts
Finally changed the wheels on my Black XSE Technology AWD (Canadian spec.)

New Wheels specs are almost the same as OEM, except for offset.

New Wheel Specs:

7.5 inch width
35 offset
60.1 Bore
Gloss Black

Used the same OEM tires and TPMS sensors. Moved the centre hub caps from OEM wheels to the new ones. New black lug nuts to match the wheels.

Toyota dealership (where I bought the van) did the work.

View attachment 50667 View attachment 50668
Looking good. How do you like the van so far? Still waiting for mine, dealer called and look like it will be mid July for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but why do they need to be powder coated? If one simply removes the plastic covers, what (other than a mess of glue) is on the rims underneath?
I wondered the same thing. My best guess is that he did it to seal them / prevent rust / something similar. There was no mention of why.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you guys know which lug nut size I need to get?

I'm about to order a set of titanium fast fc04 for my white xse awd

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
122 Posts
I wondered the same thing. My best guess is that he did it to seal them / prevent rust / something similar. There was no mention of why.
I'd like to know also how they got the plastic wheel covers off... heat... solvents?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted above about my order of gun metal RX 20 inch wheels to go on my yet-to-arrive gray mica XSE.

I’m second guessing the color choice and am now considering going with black wheels instead. Need some advice! Do you think the gun metal will look awkward with the gray mica? I haven’t seen the van (or shade of the wheels) in person. Black might be a safer bet.

Thoughts?!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think that body color can go either way but since theres so many younger gen posting their wheel pics here with black, just go black.
With that said there are some colors that don't go well with black. IMO the white car posted above with black wheels causes my eyes to not see any wheel details.
It can be a cast iron wheel from the 70s as all I know.

261 - 280 of 298 Posts