Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

hitch bolt size

5K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  fibber2 
#1 ·
The only info I can find online for trailer hitch bolts is M12-1.25 x 40. I picked up a junkyard hitch from (I believe) an 01, so that's the size bolt I bought. But they are clearly too large. I think mine takes 8 0r 9 mm, but I don't know the pitch or length. Anyone happen to know?

I'm not sure why mine different, unless it was only rated for a class 2, which doesn't make any sense.

#2 ·
Answered you on the other thread. Look up a hitch on etrailer for your year, and see what's packed in their kit. PDF download of the instructions and packing list.

#4 ·
I bought 10 mm 1.25 pitch bolts and I can't even get them started. There is still factory paint on the lower end of the bolt holes, and the threads look awfully clean inside. I will eat my shorts if these aren't 9 mm bolts. Unfortunately I can't find one anywhere so I have to make yet another trip to town to buy one and find out. But I tried a 3/8" bolt and it would juuust start, but I didn't force it. That's 9.5 mm. I'll say it again: I will eat my shorts if they aren't 9 mm. I'm taking it into the shop for front end work tomorrow and I'll see if they don't agree.

#5 ·
That would indeed be pretty bizarre, but stranger things have happened. Get yourself a tap and make those small holes whatever you want them to be and be done with it.

#7 ·
Slow and with a good cutting oil. Quarter turn forward, eighth turn back. Remove periodically and thoroughly clean the tap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.