Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hits , Miss and wants i feel on my Sienna XLE AWD (Canada)

Hits :
Fuel economy
Exterior looks

Miss :
Feels lot under powered on uphills, i assume its more to do with sound , acceleration correlation.
The third raw seats wont fit well when folded. I came from an Odyssey and they used to fit well folded.
Sun glass holder on rear seat birds eye view mirror.
I think some of the bottle holders on the door are smaller than 2005 odyssey.

Wants (some of these are available in high end trim but I would love to have them in XLE AWD ):

a ) 360 degree camera view ( i know it's only part of the high end version but if you really look an aftermarket addition costs only near $300 or so , which nowadays if the manufacturer offers , it is a great addition and it can be part of the dealer install option. This is something I feel is missing as wife complains about parking ) .I am wondering any one has a suggestion on this.

b ) Third row seat having an armrest in the middle ( say kids sitting in the back have their own arm rest, i think this should be part of design because when we travel 6 people, the thirds row people complain there is no arm rest in the middle for them . If it's designed fold-able , it won't affect when the third person is on third row , it can. If this is included as part of 3rd row seat design , it will be great. ( Very desirable ) . The kids feel a lot claustrophobic on third seats. Their view is also not great from the third raw.

c ) The 1500 watt plug as dealer install able option ( as times are changing, say you take car for an outing or say there is a power shortage or even there is climate issues (example Texas ice storm recently ) , the car can act as immediate help. This needs to be included as a dealer install able option in my view.

d ) Dealer install-able ottoman seats ( example, i love to have an option to have ottoman seat even with going for an all option and XLE had those before , so i was in impression XLE will have now too ) , i see forum says its only additional $700 in parts , so i assume Toyota would be able to do it cheaper as dealer install able option.

e ) Map application : Putting it only to limited is a loss for Toyota ( the screen is already there and android auto and apple car play provides maps and people won't be coming back to Toyota maps, so its better for it to be part of base versions on because its a free add-on and costs near to nothing ) . This is not a miss for me but maybe Toyota can add value here.

I assume wireless android auto may be added in some future software upgrade.

I am wondering on opinions ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm considering the XLE AWD and the lack of a 360 is causing me to look at the Carnival, I don't see the value in spending another 18k on the platinum version that comes with the 360 camera. Hopefully, the 2022 Sienna will offer the 360 on lower trims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. the AAWireless dongle looks good.

Finding more missing : Roof rails are not part of XLE AWD, the roof rails are from XSE onward ( even though its not listed anywhere, i see only in pics ) .

I am wondering any structural differences between the models ( the sales told all structural are same across models but i see some video says there are differences.).

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
720 Posts
Thanks for the responses. the AAWireless dongle looks good.

Finding more missing : Roof rails are not part of XLE AWD, the roof rails are from XSE onward ( even though its not listed anywhere, i see only in pics ) .

I am wondering any structural differences between the models ( the sales told all structural are same across models but i see some video says there are differences.).
The Biggest, and may be the only, structural change across all trims is that XSE has a sportier suspension, and honeycomb front and rear bumpers with large air-vent kinda looking holes on both ends.

Most others are same underneath except for some generic variations like tire sizes, bumper/roof rack/antenna/mirror colors, 7p/8p tracks, headlight assembly, AWD/FWD etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Biggest, and may be the only, structural change across all trims is that XSE has a sportier suspension, and honeycomb front and rear bumpers with large air-vent kinda looking holes on both ends.

Most others are same underneath except for some generic variations like tire sizes, bumper/roof rack/antenna/mirror colors, 7p/8p tracks, headlight assembly, AWD/FWD etc.
Thanks , I missed Aftermarket Roofrails before buying

LE and XLE trims don't have the anchor for roof rails.

·
Registered
2020 Predawn Mica Gray Limited
86 Posts
I'm considering the XLE AWD and the lack of a 360 is causing me to look at the Carnival, I don't see the value in spending another 18k on the platinum version that comes with the 360 camera. Hopefully, the 2022 Sienna will offer the 360 on lower trims.
I literally just saw one about 20 mins ago. My first thought was that I had no idea what it was but it looked like an import Chevy HHR (if someone made that). It was not a tall vehicle at all, and then I looked down and saw the “Carnival” badging. The back end, and sides seemed very plain without many lines, it wasn’t very pretty to look at.

I passed it as I got on the highway and it again, struck me as a very small vehicle and not tall or high off the ground. The sliding door channel seemed to go almost to the rear of the vehicle, Sienna & Odyssey minivans have the channels stop before the back of the vehicle. This may allow the sliding door to open wider, or it may mean the 3rd row area is smaller, I’m not sure (if either of those).

Not trying to be a Toyota purist, just giving you guys my $0.02.

Sorry for the bad pic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can buy a dongle that will effectively provide wireless carplay/Android auto nowadays, or if not, will be available in the near future.

I have the AA Wireless on my Hyundai, it works like a charm. Very convenient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah, I guess you saw my solution. Too bad factory rails aren't standard on lower levels as with Gen 3.
I also wish there was the factory spare tire option on XLE in Canada.
Yes, I assume this is a problem with Toyota and they have to solve it. The below is what they said difference with XLE AWD and roof rails is not one of them. I did ask the sales "Electronic on demand All Wheel Drive" is part of XLE and he said it as yes and its not axle going to back in XLE. Rest all XSE includes are useless for me unless i am found roofrails etc which they didn't specify anywhere in the differences.

Spending $1000 thousand just for rails and the XLE to XSE diff is only $2000 . Now i think Toyota should explain us back what all are the real differences between XLE and XSE.

From Build Your Toyota Sienna - Toyota Canada
2021 Sienna XSE AWD 7-Pass What's Included

• Electronic on demand All Wheel Drive
  • Premium Audio with Remote with 9” Display Screen, 8 Speakers, and featuring Embedded Navigation, Destination Assist (1-year trial), (Remote Connect (1-year trial), Safety Connect (1-year trial), and Service Connect (10-year trial)
  • 8-way Power Driver Seat
  • 18” Alloy Wheels and Sport Suspension
  • Premium LED Headlamps with Black Accents
  • Power Moonroof
even they are comparing with XSE FWD, they didn't say it

2021 Sienna XSE FWD 7-Pass What's Included

• Premium Audio with Remote with 9” Display Screen, 8 Speakers, and featuring Embedded Navigation, Destination Assist (1-year trial), (Remote Connect (1-year trial), Safety Connect (1-year trial), and Service Connect (10-year trial)
  • 8-way Power Driver Seat
  • 20” Alloy Wheels and Sport Suspension
  • Premium LED Headlamps with Black Accents
  • Unique Front Grille with Black Surround
  • Power Moonroof

2021 Sienna XLE AWD 7-Pass What's Included

• Electronic on demand All Wheel Drive
  • Audio Plus with Remote with 9” Display Screen, 8 Speakers, and featuring Remote Connect (1-year trial), Safety Connect (1-year trial), and Service Connect (10-year trial)
  • Power Moonroof
  • Kick Sensor Power Back door and sliding doors
  • 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control
  • 4-Way Power Driver Lumbar Support and 4-Way Power Passenger Seat

·
Registered
25 Posts
I literally just saw one about 20 mins ago. My first thought was that I had no idea what it was but it looked like an import Chevy HHR (if someone made that). It was not a tall vehicle at all, and then I looked down and saw the “Carnival” badging. The back end, and sides seemed very plain without many lines, it wasn’t very pretty to look at.

I passed it as I got on the highway and it again, struck me as a very small vehicle and not tall or high off the ground. The sliding door channel seemed to go almost to the rear of the vehicle, Sienna & Odyssey minivans have the channels stop before the back of the vehicle. This may allow the sliding door to open wider, or it may mean the 3rd row area is smaller, I’m not sure (if either of those).

Not trying to be a Toyota purist, just giving you guys my $0.02.

Sorry for the bad pic.

View attachment 49895
I’m a little floored you took a photo while driving to reply to a stranger in a forum, thank you and I hope you didn’t put yourself at danger taking the photo.

I agree , I prefer the appearance of the sienna and the shorter nose (from an appearance perspective anyway).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My XLE with the PLUS package has roof rails.
Interesting, in Canada , they don't offer any packages for XLE,

From toyota.com :
XLE Plus Package—Includes wireless charging,124 black roof rails,98 and Premium Audio, Dynamic Navigation83 and JBL® w/Clari-Fi®127—includes 9-in. touchscreen, 12 JBL®104 speakers including subwoofer and amplifier, seven USB ports,102 hands-free phone capability and music streaming123 via Bluetooth®123 wireless technology, Android Auto™95 & Apple CarPlay®109 & Amazon Alexa105 compatible, SiriusXM®90 with 3-month All Access trial subscription.84 See toyota.com/audio-multimedia for details. Connected Services155—Safety Connect®121 with 1-year trial,135 Service Connect156 with 10-year trial,143 Remote Connect106 with 1-year trial,130 Wi-Fi Connect91 with up to 2 GB within 3-month trial,118 Destination Assist122 with 1-year trial.150 See toyota.com/connected-services for details.

and i see another package called :

1500W inverter154XLE Plus Package requiredXLE Plus Package requiredXLE Plus Package required

So i assume US XLE + has all the stuff i was expecting except 360 camera.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

Thanks,

in the above video ( time : 9:30 (the link if you click it will take directly there ) ,it talks increased body rigidity but i am not sure its about TGNA or XSE trim specific.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
720 Posts
Thanks,

in the above video ,it talks increased body rigidity but i am not sure its about TGNA or XSE trim specific.
The video is too long for me to infer what they are saying ;).

I like the ride in ours which should be about same as yours. Ours has 18inch wheels, yours probably has 17. Yours is probably a bit more cushier with an extra inch of rubber all around. I wouldn't mind having same wheels as yours. Yours don't have plastic covers either!

·
Registered
2020 Predawn Mica Gray Limited
86 Posts
I’m a little floored you took a photo while driving to reply to a stranger in a forum, thank you and I hope you didn’t put yourself at danger taking the photo.

I agree , I prefer the appearance of the sienna and the shorter nose (from an appearance perspective anyway).
Oh we were stopped at a red light (hence the brake lights in the pic). I honestly did not know what I was looking at. We are on the US/Mexico border so there are all kinds of cars I haven’t seen before (marketed and old in Mexico) driving around here every day. When I saw the Carnival badge I realized what it was.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Tech Package
229 Posts
Interesting, in Canada , they don't offer any packages for XLE,

From toyota.com :
XLE Plus Package—Includes wireless charging,124 black roof rails,98 and Premium Audio, Dynamic Navigation83 and JBL® w/Clari-Fi®127—includes 9-in. touchscreen, 12 JBL®104 speakers including subwoofer and amplifier, seven USB ports,102 hands-free phone capability and music streaming123 via Bluetooth®123 wireless technology, Android Auto™95 & Apple CarPlay®109 & Amazon Alexa105 compatible, SiriusXM®90 with 3-month All Access trial subscription.84 See toyota.com/audio-multimedia for details. Connected Services155—Safety Connect®121 with 1-year trial,135 Service Connect156 with 10-year trial,143 Remote Connect106 with 1-year trial,130 Wi-Fi Connect91 with up to 2 GB within 3-month trial,118 Destination Assist122 with 1-year trial.150 See toyota.com/connected-services for details.

and i see another package called :

1500W inverter154XLE Plus Package requiredXLE Plus Package requiredXLE Plus Package required

So i assume US XLE + has all the stuff i was expecting except 360 camera.
I would get the XLE AWD if it offer the same options as the US but we got what I think cheated out here in Canada, even the spare is not offer, it cost $75 US for it why not offer it here even if it cost $150 more for it in Canada. We got the XSE AWD with the Tech package, I know it cost more but to get similar equipe like the XLE Plus in the US. Still upset what Toyota Canada thinking to equip the van this way for the Canadian market.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know it's only a small feature, but I'm annoyed how my XLE didn't come with fog lights like the US models. Only way to get them is get a XSE model, and then add the $5500 tech package, and going straight to the limited.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Finally got the right sienna brochure for Canada 2021, I think request to Toyota is to make 2022 XLE same and US XLE and offer XLE+ and 1500W inverter package + 360 camera view and for 2021 early model adapters, please provide these as dealer install package.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Finally got the right sienna brochure for Canada 2021, I think request to Toyota is to make 2022 XLE same and US XLE and offer XLE+ and 1500W inverter package + 360 camera view and for 2021 early model adapters, please provide these as dealer install package.
The upgrade from XSE Tech trim to the Limited trim, IMHO, is not worth the $5000 CAD they are asking for; it adds driver memory ventilated front and heated rear leather seats, power steering wheels, puddle lamps , ambient interior lamps, a low resolution bird's eye view camera, 7 inches (versus 4 inches) TFT IC display, and power folding exterior mirrors. Maybe $2500-3000 would be worth upgrading, not $5K. I doubt that I can negotiate an extra $2000 off of the MSRP. The only features I would like are the power folding exterior mirrors (it's a PITA to have to manually fold the mirrors everytime I enter my garage) and memory settings for the seats and exterior mirrors (my wife is much shorter than me and likes to have her personilized seat settings.) I really hope the MY2022 have some of the Limited features added to the XSE trim Tech package.

Reactions: girirk
1 - 20 of 22 Posts