Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put hood deflector on their 2021 or 2022 Sienna?

Welcome any feedback and if of any use against chips?

We've used on about 3 vehicles in past but more recently have not.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
147 Posts
I wonder how they install them. If they drill the holes, then there's a huge problem.

Rule of thumb here: there must be a space between the hood and this thing to allow the air flow. Otherwise, we are looking for the trouble.

Just saying...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder how they install them. If they drill the holes, then there's a huge problem.

Rule of thumb here: there must be a space between the hood and this thing to allow the air flow. Otherwise, we are looking for the trouble.

Just saying...
Previous generation’s didn’t require drilling. So I’m expecting the same for the 2021’s.

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
147 Posts
Previous generation’s didn’t require drilling. So I’m expecting the same for the 2021’s.
Do you know if there is an air gap or not? If not, the hood will start to rust in no time. Been there...

Here are pics of the hood deflector and side mouldings I had installed.
Looks awesome (y) Thinking to add that thing as a weekend project.

Do you care to share part #s and their prices, please?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure of the part number, but I’m in Canada and I think there might be a difference from the US. There is a gap and it is secured with clips that are screwed in the underside of the hood. Pics attached, hope this sheds some light.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
147 Posts
Not sure of the part number, but I’m in Canada and I think there might be a difference from the US. There is a gap and it is secured with clips that are screwed in the underside of the hood. Pics attached, hope this sheds some light.
Thanks for the pics. I'm in Canada too.

I can clearly see the gap, thus that should work.

I'll try to find the part #s (for the deflector and for the plastic things on your doors, I like those as well).

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
147 Posts
Reactions: pamhar

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the link but it looks like it's not available in the US for the hood deflector.
I did find this AVS aftermarket version.
Anyone tried this brand?

The hood deflector is only available in Canada for now…but they do ship to the USA but shipping is expensive. To California it’s $98 + $145 for the deflector.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts