Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure the steering wheel is the problem, I wore it out as an uber driver. How easy a fix is this? Should I just get a new steering wheel off of eBay and replace it instead of trying to fix it. Thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
You could check your fuses and the wiring at the horn.

Is anything else not working on the steering wheel? A worn clock spring would cause this and also other problems with the wheel buttons. It sounds strange but try pushing on the horn and turning the wheel at the same time to different angles, a failing clock spring will work at certain angles.

I think the only thing changing the steering wheel would help with is if your problem is at the contact where you push on the horn. If you're sure that's the only problem, a replacement wheel would fix it. Be very careful, absolutely disconnect the battery and even pull the airbag fuses before going near them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, but I'm pretty sure the "button" on the steering wheel is simply worn out as it got progressively wose over time. Also, my car is just the base model so my wheel doesn't have any other features on it. I guess I'll take it to a mechanic, I don't want an air bag popping out on me if I try to fix it myself!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update: horn works when car is off but doesn't once key is inserted or switched into on position, you guys wrote right it must be a fuse or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts