Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 toyota sienna le
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my horn started blaring while the van was parked in my driveway and it won't shut off. It was a steady continuous honk and I had to unhook the battery to get it to stop. I've disconnected the horns and car still runs fine.

The fuse box doesn't have a horn relay listed so I pulled every relay and the horn still blares when I connect it. The only fuse I find listed is a 140 amp that controls Charging system, horn, alarm, lefthand headlight (low beam), righthand headlight (low beam), fog light, outside rear view mirror heaters, rear window defoggers, windshield wiper de-icer. The van's battery was replaced because the horn was draining it. After that the horn stopped working so I put everything back together.

While doing more internet research the horn goes off again. I rush out and turn the wheel a few time and it stops so I think I'm having the rusty bearing problem in the steering column the Gen 2s were having that kept those horns from working. I take apart the steering wheel and clean the bearings but horn still blares if I connect it.

Next I read that the mitsubishi's were have this problem when the copper foil connections in the airbag cause a short due to weather. I live in Arizona so the inside car temps get extreme in the summer. Or my clockspring could be a problem but my other controls work fine. The gen 3 clock springs are outrageous in price still. The cheapest I could find $130 and shipped from china. Any suggestions. I've read up on airbag recalls but they seem to be for the passenger side.

·
Registered
2013 toyota sienna le
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys I finally got this damn horn problem fixed. I heard it might be the clock spring but dealer costs on these were outrageous at $450. My cruise control just went out so I finally pulled the trigger on a clock spring off of ebay from China for $77. After replacing it my cruise control and horn problem were fixed. Hope this might help someone else out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts