Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving a for while, the top of my dashboard gets really hot to the touch. Different thermometers measure 110F on the dashbaord. AC works great, the air coming out of the vents is at 38F, but with the dashboard acting like a huge heater, the interior of the car never gets cool.

The air comes out of the proper vents when cycling the door blend, and the dashboard cools down after parking.

Does your sienna have this same behavior?

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE
50 Posts
Just noticed that no one responded to your previous post about the same problem. No, our 09 LE does not have this problem. I wonder if it could have to do with the undercoating you sprayed on your vehicle last year ( White smoke coming from firewall within 30 sec of... ). Maybe it is holding the heat on the firewall area rather than letting it dissipate?

Does the van temperature gauge stay right in the middle, or does it run hot?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just noticed that no one responded to your previous post about the same problem. No, our 09 LE does not have this problem. I wonder if it could have to do with the undercoating you sprayed on your vehicle last year ( White smoke coming from firewall within 30 sec of... ). Maybe it is holding the heat on the firewall area rather than letting it dissipate?

Does the van temperature gauge stay right in the middle, or does it run hot?
That could be, oil on the firewall shielding could increase the heat transfer. However, I took particular care not to spray the firewall and its shielding, so if there is any oil it should not be much. Even if I sprayed a little on there, most of the heat insulation is the inside of the firewall.

I found that the heater core always had hot coolant flowing through it, and all its tube are bare. I covered all the tubes with insulation blanket to reduce heat transfer to inside the cabin. The last drive I did, the dashboard stayed lukewarm. Weather was clouded.
So this seemed to help, or it was the cloudy weather. I am starting to wonder if the hot dash after driving isn't just the sun hitting on it while driving...That would make me look stupid for looking everywhere for problems that don't exist,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts