Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
我是优步司机。平时想把无人机放在车里,又不想被客人看到,所以想有个隐蔽的空间。不长途旅行时,我会卸下备胎。如果真的有事,我可以交AAA。你有什么好的建议吗?
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 LE AWD Silver
47 Posts
For what it's worth, Google translates OP to:

I am an Uber driver. I usually want to put the drone in the car, but I don't want to be seen by the guests, so I want to have a hidden space. When not traveling long distances, I will remove the spare tire. If something really happens, I can pay AAA. do you have any good advice?

For my part, I personally would put a backpack with emergency equipment in there, maybe a bug-out kit, survival blanket, etc. But that's probably because I fear getting snowed into the car during a once-in-a-decade storm?

Not sure what else that's roughly tire-sized would work well in the spot, but it definitely fits the bill for an easily concealed storage space.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I place emergency items, jumper cables, bungee cords, and similar items in ours... and the tire is still there. These items go behind it. I'm trying to find a way to get a blanket in there as we approach winter (in case we're ever stuck and out of power).

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
139 Posts
I place emergency items, jumper cables, bungee cords, and similar items in ours... and the tire is still there. These items go behind it. I'm trying to find a way to get a blanket in there as we approach winter (in case we're ever stuck and out of power).
I would add some basic tools, duct tape, zip ties, flashlight/headlamp, gloves, first aid, maybe a small air pump. right now I've got none of these 😅

I wish auto makers would include a little more storage than they usually do. stow and go compartment is so useful...

let me add spare wiper blade inserts, that would be a out of sight place to stash them.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I would add some basic tools, duct tape, zip ties, flashlight/headlamp, gloves, first aid,
Good choices. I had all of hose things when we took our long road trip, also an extension cord to plug into the inverter receptacles. Just didn't place them hidden in the spare tire well. :)

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
139 Posts
Good choices. I had all of hose things when we took our long road trip, also an extension cord to plug into the inverter receptacles. Just didn't place them hidden in the spare tire well. :)
Me too, I stole them from the 2009 sienna, but then put them back. i'm trying to get something squared away and organized for the new fancy van.

More goodies to stuff in your wheel well- a multimeter that can take lithium batteries. I had a small one in my tool box, but just about every time i need it the little watch batteries are dead. put lithiums in the flashlight as well, nothing irritates me quite like leaky batteries. i've never had a disposable lithium cell leak. I also carry a OBD-II scan tool. It lets me know if the check engine light is a nuisance that can be ignored, or a full-on panic situation.

But back to the original question- if I was an uber driver who wanted to carry around a drone, I'd put it in a hard case in the back and forget about it. i doubt most customers would notice it, let alone be offended by a single little case. you'd need a pretty tiny drone to fit in the spare tire compartment, esp. with the spare stowed there.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
728 Posts

But back to the original question- if I was an uber driver who wanted to carry around a drone, I'd put it in a hard case in the back and forget about it. i doubt most customers would notice it, let alone be offended by a single little case. you'd need a pretty tiny drone to fit in the spare tire compartment, esp. with the spare stowed there.
What if the passengers walk away with it o_O :eek: .

·
Registered
945 Posts
Air compressor and tire patch kit.

Am I the only one wondering why a drone is more essential to have on board than a spare tire? I know, I know, I’m old.

-Mike

·
Registered
673 Posts
If their van came with the compressor, they'd be unable to add the spare without huge expense even if they wanted to... but I agree with your core point. Spare tire was a nonnegotiable requirement for ours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts