Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 Sienna Limited. I successfully installed the Toyota app that shows the door lock/unlock feature, the start feature, miles traveled, etc. I downloaded and installed the Entune 3.0 app but cannot get it to work. When I try to log in it won't accept my password/username. It also says download Toyota app which I already did. I've tried several times with no success. Need help!

Thanks,
Rocky

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Sienna Limited. I successfully installed the Toyota app that shows the door lock/unlock feature, the start feature, miles traveled, etc. I downloaded and installed the Entune 3.0 app but cannot get it to work. When I try to log in it won't accept my password/username. It also says download Toyota app which I already did. I've tried several times with no success. Need help!

Thanks,
Rocky
The new Toyota app that you have been successful in installing is all you need - Entune 3 has been replaced by the new app, and incorporates the additional functionality. You should be good to go!

Just connect your smart phone via BlueTooth to the head unit, it should authenticate through the Toyota app and offer to let you download any entune app software updates necessary - there is really only Alexa. All the other entune apps have essentially have been abandoned in lieu of apps on your phone with either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay integration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new Toyota app that you have been successful in installing is all you need - Entune 3 has been replaced by the new app, and incorporates the additional functionality. You should be good to go!

Just connect your smart phone via BlueTooth to the head unit, it should authenticate through the Toyota app and offer to let you download any entune app software updates necessary - there is really only Alexa. All the other entune apps have essentially have been abandoned in lieu of apps on your phone with either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay integration.
BearInStPete, thanks for the feedback...it really helped. Alexa app is now installed. From what you're saying, it sounds like I can run some apps from my Android phone using this system. Any tips?

Thanks again,
Rocky

·
Registered
211 Posts
BearInStPete, thanks for the feedback...it really helped. Alexa app is now installed. From what you're saying, it sounds like I can run some apps from my Android phone using this system. Any tips?

Thanks again,
Rocky
Rocky, I'm mainly an Apple guy, however, I suspect Android auto works similar to Apple CarPlay, so there are apps like Music streaming apps and Navigation Apps - examples are Spotify and Google Maps, that will interface with Android Auto, and turn your infotainment screen into a larger, touch sensitive, interface to your phone - so that you can see output on the screen (maps/routing) and listen to the content from the apps - but that is just the general overview - perhaps a Android-centric friend can point you to resources or someone on the forum can respond with the same for you.

Good Luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Entune is deprecated and abandoned according to support. Ignore it. They forgot/didn't bother removing it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ignore Entune entirely. Here’s an beginners overview for android auto

Vanfam12345,

Thanks for the info. Looks one's cell phone needs to be USB connected all the time to use Android Auto....is that true?

Thanks again,
Rocky

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks one's cell phone needs to be USB connected all the time to use Android Auto....is that true?
Yes.

Note: The market does have people selling android auto / carplay bluetooth dongles / adapters where you plug the adapter into the USB then connect to the adapter via bluetooth with your phone. I've not used these myself, but have seen others post about them. You can search the web for "Android Auto Bluetooth Adapter" if you're interested and wish to shop for one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts