Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I Currently have a VSC light that is on. I have replaced the steering rack bushings which were the cause of the VSC light to pop on and now i am just wondering how i would reset or does a dealer need to reset it?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Scotty Kilmer has a video on Youtube, telling how to calibrate the traction control at center. It did not work for me. If it is not calibrated, the tracion control cannot work correctly, so they warn you it's not working. I gave up and just drive mine, so far two trips across Mexico and back, in the mountains.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Should be able to just park on a level area with your tires straight, unplug the battery for 5 - 10 minutes. Plug back in and if it pops back up, you have a problem elsewhere.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should be able to just park on a level area with your tires straight, unplug the battery for 5 - 10 minutes. Plug back in and if it pops back up, you have a problem elsewhere.
I tried that didn't pop turn off though. I'm pretty sure my steering needs to be re calibrated

·
Registered
3 Posts
My girlfriend's VSC light as well as her CEL came on and her local garage blamed the ABS sensor near the front right wheel. I bought a Bluetooth OBD-2 adaptor and using my smartphone, the app showed a poor response from the O2 sensor downstream of the bank 2 cat converter. After changing this sensor (with a Denso OEM), the light reset and stayed off. We also changed the tail pipe section holding this sensor which was badly rusted and leaking air into the pipe, perhaps corrupting the sensor reading additionally.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My girlfriend's VSC light as well as her CEL came on and her local garage blamed the ABS sensor near the front right wheel. I bought a Bluetooth OBD-2 adaptor and using my smartphone, the app showed a poor response from the O2 sensor downstream of the bank 2 cat converter. After changing this sensor (with a Denso OEM), the light reset and stayed off. We also changed the tail pipe section holding this sensor which was badly rusted and leaking air into the pipe, perhaps corrupting the sensor reading additionally.
Thing is i have no check engine light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
During my research for problems causing VSC light to come on, there were many that had nothing to do with the reconciliation of the position of the steering wheel, the speed that each wheel was rotating, and the accelerometer (yaw sensor). I would look at all the diverse reasons before committing to an expensive proposal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
During my research for problems causing VSC light to come on, there were many that had nothing to do with the reconciliation of the position of the steering wheel, the speed that each wheel was rotating, and the accelerometer (yaw sensor). I would look at all the diverse reasons before committing to an expensive proposal.
I read on this forum that if the yaw or angle sensor does not agree then the light go on. I had over 4 inches of freeplay in my steering rack

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pretty sure if a check engine issue pops up the other lights come on also even though there in nothing wrong with the systems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it drives fine I would be tempted to leave it disabled. I pull a relay under the hood during the winter to do just that. The system to me is annoying, if I start to slide a tiny bit it cuts the engine power. I am sure cars are safer with it but if I had a choice when buying a new car I would decline that option.

Have you tried plugging in a scanner just for hell of it even though there is no cel ?

Here is one article. And another Here , this one thought suggests a 02 sensor or loose gas cap could cause it which I would find hard to believe but ya never know I guess.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it drives fine I would be tempted to leave it disabled. I pull a relay under the hood during the winter to do just that. The system to me is annoying, if I start to slide a tiny bit it cuts the engine power. I am sure cars are safer with it but if I had a choice when buying a new car I would decline that option.

Have you tried plugging in a scanner just for hell of it even though there is no cel ?

Here is one article. And another Here , this one thought suggests a 02 sensor or loose gas cap could cause it which I would find hard to believe but ya never know I guess.
I have checked both of those i have a $300 Scanner no CE. and gas cap i have also replaced that i have no trac on light. The car doesn't drive the same like it used to before this light came on. On the other hand got another question i seem to have no power to my left sliding power door latch actuator, i have checked the wiring harness and grounds and the actuator it spins and moves things but doesn't latch even when sending power to it manually. any idea?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have no idea other than to check all fuses and relays. A wiring diagram of vehicle would help.
Dont know what year you have but different years have different options. That relay I pull in the winter disables vsc and abs systems. It a awd and drives no different than before except for the way the brakes act and no vsc of coarse. Dont notice any difference in the way it moves along in the snow.
On later years that vsc integrates into the traction controls or whatever but it doesn't seem to effect this year.

Might be a bit of a reach here but maybe the no power situation to that door actuator is on the same fuse as something to do with the vsc.
A wiring diagram is a must have when things get strange.

I had this old 99 mercury a few years back that the radio suddenly stopped working along with the power windows and other things. And as an added bonus the heat was on full defrost with no way to turn off, it was summer also and no way to roll the window down either. Had to open drivers door when possible to get home and not sweat to death.
A major hot wire broke in 2 under the driver's side wheel well. That wire fed the under dash fuse panel. With the diagram of the whole vehicle it was not too hard to figure out.

I was amazed at what symptoms that wire break caused.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have no idea other than to check all fuses and relays. A wiring diagram of vehicle would help.
Dont know what year you have but different years have different options. That relay I pull in the winter disables vsc and abs systems. It a awd and drives no different than before except for the way the brakes act and no vsc of coarse. Dont notice any difference in the way it moves along in the snow.
On later years that vsc integrates into the traction controls or whatever but it doesn't seem to effect this year.

Might be a bit of a reach here but maybe the no power situation to that door actuator is on the same fuse as something to do with the vsc.
A wiring diagram is a must have when things get strange.

I had this old 99 mercury a few years back that the radio suddenly stopped working along with the power windows and other things. And as an added bonus the heat was on full defrost with no way to turn off, it was summer also and no way to roll the window down either. Had to open drivers door when possible to get home and not sweat to death.
A major hot wire broke in 2 under the driver's side wheel well. That wire fed the under dash fuse panel. With the diagram of the whole vehicle it was not too hard to figure out.

I was amazed at what symptoms that wire break caused.
I have checked all fuses and relays and they all seem to work its a 2010 Sienna LE AWD it worked before i dropped the subframe to fix a transfer case leak.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wonder if it needs a zero point calibration?
I haven't had to do this yet but it sounds like fun.
Maybe not so bad This is for 2006, not sure it applies to 2010
The hardest part for me would be finding a paperclip.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I wonder if it needs a zero point calibration?
I haven't had to do this yet but it sounds like fun.
Maybe not so bad This is for 2006, not sure it applies to 2010
The hardest part for me would be finding a paperclip.
It most likely does but first before i can even do the zero point calib i need to fix this door as before it did work but now it does not after i put together the sub frame, here are all the parts i replaced, All 4 Engine / Tranny Mounts , Lower Control arms, Swaybar end links, Steering rack bushings, Transfer case cover gasket, Valve Covers, And Spark plugs. the door beeps all the time telling me that the door isn't latched and paying a mechanic to diagnose the door for me would be pricey.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is a switch sensing whether that door is open or closed.
It's also possible although highly unlikely that this just happened during
All of the other repairs and is not related. The zero point might still be possible regardless.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
There is a switch sensing whether that door is open or closed.
It's also possible although highly unlikely that this just happened during
All of the other repairs and is not related. The zero point might still be possible regardless.
Could that be why my actuator is not having any power or closing because of the switch if so could you give me the location on where it sits? i did test for power in the actuator connector no power was going to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dont know for sure but maybe part of the actuator, it only seems to perk up when the door hits is.

So I have a 2009 le and can slide manually or engage automatically by hitting a switch on dash so I can use remote to control . Does yours have this option?
The window being down or the gas door left open can have adverse effects on the function.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts