Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now, the new Odyssey - I drove and got a quote for a fully loaded 2019 Elite. But, as I've been reading the posts on edmonds.com and a couple other consumer advocacy websites, and I'm shocked how many horror stories I'm reading about the 2017, 18, and 19 Odyssey. Air conditioner appears to be a huge issue in states with any sort of hot summer, some comments about tranny issues on the 10 speed, and electronic bugs that sound like this thing was made by Land Rover. What is happening to Honda or is Toyota just doing a great job of hiring folks to post these nightmarish comments? If the Sienna isn't redesigned for 2020, fixing that passenger collision rating issue and matching the Odyssey Elite's looooong list of features at the least, I'm torn on what to do for my family.
I traded 2015 Odyssey Ex-L and bought a 2015 Sienna limited with DRCC. I can say I am way more than happy with Toyota. Honda was a piece of junk for me. Other than driving dynamics there is nothing that I liked. The seats were very uncomfortable specially that way they head rests in driver seat is recipe for neck pain, the interior and quality of materials is way degraded from previous Honda. I had a 2000 Honda accord Ex-l, the leather and quality of car was way better than in 2015. Added to that the Honda had a horrible cabin noise. The stereo is a piece of junk even in Elite. JBL audio in Toyota is much better (not the best of class though). The only think I miss in Toyota is a bit of fun ride in Honda nothing else. I think Honda has gone done in terms of quality and and interior materials. its just coasting on the reputation it build in the past.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at Mini-Van or maybe a smaller cargo carrying SUV ... amazed at Honda decline over the year ... had 2 Honda'a ( 2005 - 2008 ) and Sienna ( 2015 ) ... ... even with OLD style Sienna ... gee ...
page 1 -- see page 2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Our 2001 Honda Odyssey is running extremely well, no squeaks or rattles at 175000 miles.
Replaced auto trans at 150000 miles, replaced water pump/timing belt at 85000 and 155000 miles.
Replace drive side sliding door motor at 78000 miles. Put new tires on it at 150000 miles, plan to drive it for another year or so, looking forward to 2021 Sienna redesign or maybe just downsize and get a Rav 4.etc...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts