Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2018 LE and are considering the purchase of a camping trailer. Who out there is pulling the Max trailer weight of 3500 pounds? How does the vehicle handle it? Have you added an Aux Trans cooler? What Temps are you seeing for the Trans oil? What have you done to eliminate the sag of the rear suspension? Many more questions once I connect with one of you . Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My expirience towing 23 foot campers since 2006 is ...You should have a AWD for sure.First towing with FWD rapidly uses the front tires almost by looking at them.AWD puts the pulling power even to the ground.Second.With a Camper you will go sometimes off road and that is when the AWD shines.I have pulled many other people out of a slimy situation.Thirt.You need a towing weight stabilisation system including a sway bar system.I never had a problem with tongue weighs.You can regulate and lift the rear of your van up to proper height.4. Make sure you have a remote trailer brake control in reach of your driverseat so if you ever have a trouble with side wind or on steep down hills you can control the trailer brakes by remote and straighten the system up again.I never had a extra oil cooler system and just changed the tranny oil every 50 000 km.Travel only with a few liter water in the tank for your quick toilet stops.Dont carry heavy porcelan dishes and real glass cups.GO 90 % plastic.Avoid any not absolutely needed item which ads weight to the system.But carry a HD hydraulic jack in case you have a flat on the trailer.Lololol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts