Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying understand the spare tire "package" option for the 2023. I saw a review video somewhere that had a spare built into the left sidewall in the area of the 3rd row or the trunk. Then I saw a different review where that space was used to stow the 8th seat in the 8-seat configuration. So it seems like unless you buy one with the spare tire "package" then it won't have the slot in the sidewall to house a spare.

The reason I'm asking is that I just heard back from one of the many dealers where I left my name back in August, and they have an LE that is a good fit for me, but the one thing it's missing is the spare tire. Of course I could buy my own spare tire, but without the slot in the sidewall there will be no convenient way to keep it in the car.

I'm probably going to buy this LE anyway, since it's a good fit otherwise and since it seems like it's still hard to get any Sienna at all. But any info you have about how this spare stuff works would be helpful!

PS The reason I want a spare is that I've used the spare in my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan probably 5-7 times over its lifetime, always putting it on myself because it's way faster than waiting for AAA. It seems like getting a flat tire will be a much worse experience without having a spare.

Update: I'm now seeing a couple older threads about the spare option, so I'm reviewing those. Maybe they have all the answers to my questions. Sorry if this is redundant, and let me know if you have anything else to add.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The space at back in cargo area in LE you are looking at will house the 8th seat.

If want to put a spare there then look at the other threads as can get the housing and spare and if diy install it should be under 1k BUT then no space in cargo area for 8th seat.

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
384 Posts
This is probably the thread pamhar is talking about for whats needed to make your own spare tire conversion kit.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I'm trying understand the spare tire "package" option for the 2023. I saw a review video somewhere that had a spare built into the left sidewall in the area of the 3rd row or the trunk. Then I saw a different review where that space was used to stow the 8th seat in the 8-seat configuration. So it seems like unless you buy one with the spare tire "package" then it won't have the slot in the sidewall to house a spare.

The reason I'm asking is that I just heard back from one of the many dealers where I left my name back in August, and they have an LE that is a good fit for me, but the one thing it's missing is the spare tire. Of course I could buy my own spare tire, but without the slot in the sidewall there will be no convenient way to keep it in the car.

I'm probably going to buy this LE anyway, since it's a good fit otherwise and since it seems like it's still hard to get any Sienna at all. But any info you have about how this spare stuff works would be helpful!

PS The reason I want a spare is that I've used the spare in my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan probably 5-7 times over its lifetime, always putting it on myself because it's way faster than waiting for AAA. It seems like getting a flat tire will be a much worse experience without having a spare.

Update: I'm now seeing a couple older threads about the spare option, so I'm reviewing those. Maybe they have all the answers to my questions. Sorry if this is redundant, and let me know if you have anything else to add.
I would ad, installing this spare tire conversion kit is easy, but getting it can be difficult. There has been a rumor that the kit as such had been discontinued .... who knows .... sellers sometimes say "discontinued" when they can't find the item in their warehouse :). In theory, the kit can be bought piece-by-piece as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hardest part for the kit was locating a tire and rim. All the places i checked said out of stock. I ended getting a modern spare with a 145/85r18 which has 27.7" rolling diameter. It for perfectly in the spare holder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts