Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sienna SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to the life expectancy of the 3rd gen Toyota batteries. Mine is a 2015 SE with 54k miles. I had it tested 2 months ago and it was still good. I'm thinking it's getting close to the end. No signs of it slowing down but everything I've read says 3-5 years.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Curious as to the life expectancy of the 3rd gen Toyota batteries. Mine is a 2015 SE with 54k miles. I had it tested 2 months ago and it was still good. I'm thinking it's getting close to the end. No signs of it slowing down but everything I've read says 3-5 years.
Same year and mileage as yours. I’m still on the original battery and going strong.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine lasted 7 years. Bought the replacement at Walmart for about 90 bucks. Although I recently replaced a Accord battery and Costco's Interstate batteries had the best price. Mine is a 2011 XLE model.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Somehow it seems to depend upon where you live.
When I lived in the Snow Zone, I normally just replaced the battery after five years. Now, in Southern Texas, and in Mexico, I replace it after two years. Don't know why the difference, unless it is the heat.

My son-in-law agreed here in southern Texas, they only last two or three years.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought my 2015 10 months ago from a local Toyota dealer. It had a new Toyota battery installed. So, it was about 5 years old at that point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't know why the difference, unless it is the heat.
You're right. Heat is what kills batteries, not the cold. It just seems like cold kills it because they fail in the winter due to extra load in starting freezing engines with viscous oil.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2015 XLE. Lasted 2 years. Toyota would not cover it under warranty but did offer to sell me another. I said, "Why? So you can sell me another in 2 years? Forget it."

Never abused or run down. 1 year in FL and 1 in NC. I've had some batteries last up to 8 years in FL.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD
3 Posts
My 2015 XLE AWD is 5 years old this month with 67K miles. Seems to still be going strong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a 2011 Sienna with almost 240,000 miles. Our first battery died at almost exactly 5 years and probably around half our current mileage. Given that, I just replaced the battery again to avoid a dead battery. As others have responded, it does vary a lot based on where you like (I live in Wisconsin) and how much you use your vehicle (esp. the power sliding doors after the vehicle is off). If yours tested OK you're probably fine, but keep an eye on it as they can fail with little warning. I carry a lithium battery charger so I can jump my own vehicle (or someone else's) easily if ever needed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My Gen 3 2016 still has the original battery. My Gen 2 Sienna had them last 3-4 years. I learned to buy them at Costco, because they don't pro-rate the battery. They just give you a new one if it fails within the warranty period. Then, you get a new warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My factory battery lasted about 2 years, about 40,000 miles. Pretty disappointing but nobody's perfect :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I‘ve had my 2011 XLE for 10+ years and 100k miles. The original factory battery was terrible - I had to jump start the car many times and had to replace the battery after 3-1/2 years. The replacement DieHard has been great, never losing power and still going strong after 7 years.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Agree with the "heat kills". Our 2011 is on its fourth battery after about 65K miles. No weird battery drains, no long periods of sitting, but we're in Virginia where we hit 90s for extended periods (and it's garaged, though the garage is insulated now and doesn't get as hot as it used to).

·
Registered
10 Posts
2011 XLE. OEM battery lasted 5 years. Died on me one summer day, when I got nothing. Completely dead. Replacement was an Advance Auto Parts battery that seems to be going strong after 4 years. I am in Pennsylvania so not super hot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same year LE battery died 38,000

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2011 Limited lasted 7 years and I live in Seattle. I had 55,357 at the time and replaced it with another Toyota OEM battery for $100. Hope this next one last just as long. The customer rep was surprised it lasted 7 years, he told me the average is 5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly 7 years and 74000 miles and still going. I never use power sliding doors. 2013 Sienna LE FWD. Living in MN.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced mine at about 4 1/2 years just to be on the safe side. In my experience most original factory batteries last 5-6 years. I was taking a big winter road trip and wanted no issues!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts