Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

361 - 380 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
2006 Sienna LE 300,256 miles on in. I've put 80K on it myself. Barely uses any oil. I've had more brake issues than anything. Waterpump and Timing belt due again in a few. SIL had it before us and she was religious about maintenance as we are.
Same transmission? Any leaks? I'm dealing with a minor leak now. Why me?

·
Registered
47 Posts
<snip>
I drive this van hard in the Colorado mountains. Pull a popup over the pass 4-5 times a year, almost flat out (wide open throttle), for the extended periods at 4K RPM. Burns almost no oil, original transmission (50k diy flush) shifts solid. Interior is wearing well, has to stitch the drivers seat.
I will try for 300K :)
Are you referring to crossing at Vail? Did you do any mods for towing?
We're looking at 2nd gens.
We're in Ohio, and have to haul a bunch of merch to Vegas and back once a year for a show. We examined our options and decided a Sienna/trailer is the best compromise for us.
I've done the run in an overloaded AllTrac Previa thrice (I'm a 19 year Previa owner), and it did fine. I'd expect a V6 and a very small trailer should be able to do it, too. It needed extra time to get over the pass, but we gave the Prev whatever time it needed and it seemed to have done fine. However, that's not hauling a trailer, either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Sienna owner here. We have an '05 LE that was in a mighty hail storm in Colorado Springs. I bought it back in March with a salvage title with only 127K miles. Fully serviced over the years by the dealer in CS.

When I got it, the left front wheel bearing needed replacing. Also new windshield with defrost and new tires. It sat for over a year so I went over everything to check for critter damage and nests. Everything checked out fine. All fluids good. Everything works. Rear seats are a little misaligned. Gets an updated stereo soon. Longest trip so far is 2 hours. We like this van and expect to reach 300K miles. We may not live that long, haha!

·
Registered
88 Posts
We are up to 210K miles on out 2004. I'm not sure how much longer we are going to keep it. My wife is getting tired of driving the van, kids are slowly moving on and the Sienna is going to need some work. I usually DIY but spinal stenosis and pinched nerves are making it more difficult.

·
Registered
435 Posts
We are up to 210K miles on out 2004. I'm not sure how much longer we are going to keep it. My wife is getting tired of driving the van, kids are slowly moving on and the Sienna is going to need some work. I usually DIY but spinal stenosis and pinched nerves are making it more difficult.
I have older family, my parents' generation, who would find a mechanic at their Church which would be very helpful in taking care of their vehicles. Maybe that's an option?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
746 Posts
I own a 2005 and just hit 854,000 original miles. Still original motor and trans. Still running strong!!
Seriously? Wow . Yours is first I am seeing over 350k miles. That a little over 60k miles a year. What kind of driving to rack up so many miles? Thats like driving a tad over 160 miles per day for the last 14 years! Wow! A bit over 2 hrs a day in the van.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2004 XLE limited AWD. 257k miles. On 3rd t-belt and 3rd radiator. Replaced: steering rack, lower control arms, front rear control arm bushings with orbital bearings, engine valley coolant gasket, passenger power door cable, 2x hid bulbs, on 2nd set slotted drilled rotors, all around break calipers last change, rear diff bushing. Just got 50k miles out of Michelin defender ltx tires. slight leaks from transmission and t-case.
With all the front end work the van tracks straight with little play.
I drive this van hard in the Colorado mountains. Pull a popup over the pass 4-5 times a year, almost flat out (wide open throttle), for the extended periods at 4K RPM. Burns almost no oil, original transmission (50k diy flush) shifts solid. Interior is wearing well, has to stitch the drivers seat.
I will try for 300K :)
what are orbital bearings...can you give me a link?

361 - 380 of 420 Posts