Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

381 - 400 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 04 LE just passed 275,000 mi (we bought is at 90,000). Plenty of parts replaced in the process - springs, struts,bearings, etc. It has rust that will eventually kill it but still drives smooth.

For our "new" 05 (153,000) I am going to install the AirLift springs to raise the back end a bit and hopefully prolong rear spring life in the process.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Our 04 LE just passed 275,000 mi (we bought is at 90,000). Plenty of parts replaced in the process - springs, struts,bearings, etc. It has rust that will eventually kill it but still drives smooth.

For our "new" 05 (153,000) I am going to install the AirLift springs to raise the back end a bit and hopefully prolong rear spring life in the process.
Thanks Suddens and welcome to the forum . I am at 172k on my 06 and like you I have replaced quite a few parts . There is still a lot of life left in my 06. I don't have rust issues as I am in South Florida and not near the ocean. If you don't mind post back your airlift install for us to see. Regards

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own a 2005 and just hit 854,000 original miles. Still original motor and trans. Still running strong!!
Congratulations!

Take good notes. Road & Track September 2019 had a well written article about putting 1M on a 1996 Lexus LS 400. Your Sienna could be next up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have 195,600 on our 2005 LE. Car has been very reliable. We have replaced quite a few parts: radiator, AC compressor, exhaust, shocks (twice), fixing rust and then the regular maintenance like brakes and such.

But we are replacing it with a 2015 XLE. We want to get ahead of the rust killing it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
With that many miles..what maintenance , parts, repairs have you done and spent $$??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The following were done once unless otherwise noted. All were DIY.
Replaced shocks and struts, tire rod ends, ball joints, water pump, driver side CV half shaft twice(first one leaked after 25k+ miles lifetime warranty), coils and plugs(#6 twice), alternator, water pump, tranny drain and fill once at around 100k and 3 times around 320K. Recently replaced Intake OCV Bank1 because of a P0012 code. Code came up again once after replacement. I used to change oil&filter every 12k after the extended warranty ran out until the last 2 oil changes which I decided to do every 5k now. I don't know what this tells you about how i maintain my Sienna but she runs good. Everything else is original. 🤞

All but approximately 3,500 miles were put on the Sienna by me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks for your answer.. I was curious if the catalytic converter would have to be replaced or not when reaching up to those miles or if tranny, engine go bad.... I am right now at 220k or so, and fighting a 420, 430 code which most probably seems like a catalytic converter or something else... only time I would replace are when engine, tranny or big $$ impending cost items.

I am surprised that you haven't replaced the front wheel bearings or lower control arms that most of us have already done, when reaching high miles.. seems seinna punishes most front end parts to being replaced more often the other cars.

keep on trucking that van to million miles, hopefully. your 400k is highest yet here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Replaced shocks and struts, tire rod ends, ball joints, water pump, driver side CV half shaft twice(first one leaked after 25k+ miles lifetime warranty), coils and plugs(#6 twice), alternator, water pump, tranny drain and fill once at around 100k and 3 times around 320K. Recently replaced Intake OCV Bank1 because of a P0012 code. Code came up again once after replacement. I used to change oil&filter every 12k after the extended warranty ran out until the last 2 oil changes which I decided to do every 5k now. I don't know what this tells you about how i maintain my Sienna but she runs good. Everything else is original. 🤞
So you've never had to change the timing belt, and why the three transmission fluid changes at 320k?

I'll be watching this thread for your half-a-million mile update in the future.

·
Registered
758 Posts
At 173k miles on my 06LE , Timing belt and water pump (now on my 3rd for each, tensioners belts etc), Cam and crank seals . Radiator ( hoses ,t'stat , J pipe ) ,Starter , Cat. Converter bank2 ( by radiator) Now due, is the other as I am getting p0420 codes . One oxy sensor., All shocks. Control arm , Ball joints. Steering rack.Both axle shafts and passenger axle seal . Schedule oil changes, Tranny screen changed, Magnefine filter added. Tranny service drain and fill every 30k miles ,sometimes sooner. One bad coil pack, but replaced firewall side with 3 new coil packs when I did the plug change.PCV valve. Valve cover gaskets . Repaired minor coolant leak in valley , renewed knock sensor while I was there.This is what I remember as of now. All work done by me!!
Front wheel bearings ok at this point. So is alternator. I top off air cond unit every 5 months or so due to a very very slow leak of freon somewhere. Not all I have done are repairs , mostly preventative . Repairs that come to mind are , the coil pack , radiator , both axle ( boots leaking) Steering rack ( leaking) the very minor leak in the valley , the O2 sensor Cat converter. The van runs great! Exterior and Interior 9 out of 10. I am hoping for many more years on this machine!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am surprised that you haven't replaced the front wheel bearings or lower control arms that most of us have already done, when reaching high miles.. seems seinna punishes most front end parts to being replaced more often the other cars.

keep on trucking that van to million miles, hopefully. your 400k is highest yet here.
YOU HAD TO MENTION MY LCA, didn't you? All of a sudden, I'm hearing clunkings I didn't hear before you mentioned it. I took pics of the bushings. Please tell me if these need replacement. What symptoms should I be checking for? BTW, not the highest mileage. Check out post# 375. She's up to 850k+. I'm almost halfway there.

So you've never had to change the timing belt, and why the three transmission fluid changes at 320k?

I'll be watching this thread for your half-a-million mile update in the future.
No timing belt on mine. It's a 2010. My understanding is, you drain and fill three times and you're basically replacing all the old fluid in the system that's why I did it three times with about 20 min drive in between drain and fill. I also did that because of our road trip last year. Drove 4,600 miles. Farthest we went was the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. I wasn't having any tranny problems then but i figured I needed to. That's also when i replaced all my shocks and struts.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Just purchased a 2008 limited with 202k in December now has 206k in really good shape other than a few warn front struts. Going to keep her going over 400k miles

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bought my 07 in 2015 to replace my 04, has 145k miles, 2nd transmission (started shifting erratically and whining badly) replaced at 133k with a 83k unit. Had the newer transmission removed again cause it started leaking between where the engine and transmission meets, turns out to be leaking from the bolts behind the torque converter that looks like it bolts the bellhousing to the transmission. Shop siliconed the bolts and replaced the main seal. Now leak free and shifts butter smooth.

Oil cooler hose went at the same time i replaced the transmission, luckily it happened in my driveway! Too many modifications to let her go and its a daily

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Toyota Sienna LE has 230,633 miles on it. I've owned it since it was brand-new and will drive it until it drops. It's been across the country twice, carried numerous soccer teams and foster dogs along the way. ...now searching to replace the seats with leather seats...

381 - 400 of 420 Posts