Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
421 - 440 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2009 LE AWD Sienna is at 230k miles, I just have a leaky transmission that needs to be topped every few months. When I took it for an oil change last month, they said my DR spring is broken, diff seals are leaking and coolant leak (red) at lower radiator hose. Glad to see others with more miles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 LE with 207,000 miles I've had for 8 years worry free. I also just picked up a 2012 with 133,000. Going to be giving the 06 to a family member. Trying to take care of any last minute maintenance so it drives worry free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's 08 has 86k on it. Bought it almost a year ago with 81k. She barely drives 500 miles/month. I expect it to be in the family (two kids under 4 and #3 on the way) a looong time

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,510 Posts
...and it will last a long time. If your 08 has a tow package there is an oil cooler line that you should change to a metal one as history shows that the rubber one seems to burst quite often with bad results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought our 2005 XLE new, currently has 242k miles and it’s still running with most of its original parts. My rear camera stopped working after we replaced the battery and the navigation CD doesn’t work anymore. That must be a Toyota feature to make you buy an updated one every so many years. Other than that I love my van

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 Sienna LE. Been in the family since new. Has 237,000 on it. On it's third timing belt. Still running it's original shocks, struts and exhaust. Drives great. Love the van.

·
Registered
7 Posts
180,500, just put new serpentine belts and timing belt on, replaced lower control arms about 6 months ago and have a replacement rack boot that needs to go on next. Hoping to reach 500k +😁

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Limited
6 Posts
I bought a 05 last year with 82k, currently it's got 88k miles on it. I'm encouraged to see that everyone is getting such great longevity on these vans.

·
Super Moderator
301 Posts
Original owner of a 2008 LE with only 123,000 miles. We've decided we're keeping her for a long time so I'm here to learn as much as I can about maintenance and to become a better shade tree mechanic!

Reactions: paul r

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,510 Posts
You are in the right place!

Reactions: SilverMachine

·
Registered
29 Posts
2004 XLE Limited AWD - 183000 miles Ordered new in June 2003, picked up in Oct.
rock Wall sm.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sold our '06 Avalon with 230k+ for $6k and bought my wife's boss' '08 Sienna with 135k for $4k (a steal) back in fall of 2015. I've replaced radiator, idler pulley, steering rack, shocks, struts. Last Christmas she blew a head gasket and we had to decide what to do. I could not find a decent lower mileaged used one for less than $6k - $8k, so decided to put in a used engine from a salvage yard from a low mileage 2012 Highlander. She's running great again, and hope to get several more years of family shuttle service out of her!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sold our '06 Avalon with 230k+ for $6k and bought my wife's boss' '08 Sienna with 135k for $4k (a steal) back in fall of 2015. I've replaced radiator, idler pulley, steering rack, shocks, struts. Last Christmas she blew a head gasket and we had to decide what to do. I could not find a decent lower mileaged used one for less than $6k - $8k, so decided to put in a used engine from a salvage yard from a low mileage 2012 Highlander. She's running great again, and hope to get several more years of family shuttle service out of her!
That's awesome! I'm curious, when you swapped engine, did you also have to swap any electronics like control units?

421 - 440 of 472 Posts