Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
441 - 460 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,510 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have the 06 LE as well with just about half of what you have on yours. It is reassuring that the van has much more life in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am So Super New Here. Just Bought a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE with 278,545 Miles and She Drives like a Dream. So I did the math, she has been on average Miles per day of 36 Miles +/-
Swapped the AC Compressor, Need to replace the Windshield and Both Sliding Doors. They are Like Welded Shut, No power or Manual at all. I checked everything. Motors, Cables. I think I need to Forced them open and WD40 or something LOL

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,510 Posts
Hi David, welcome to the forum. I'm just like you , a participating member. Please use the search feature to see if anyone has had your issue. It is also a good idea to google your issue and see what others have done. There will be links I'm sure. When you are all done with fixing please be kind and report back so others can learn. This makes the forum work! I have not had that issue with my 06 otherwise I would offer what I know. Good luck
Cheers
Paul

Reactions: SilverMachine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Recently acquired 2005 LE with 219K. Needs some body work, but nothing too bad. Runs very smooth. Has not been babied, but has definitely received regular maintenance , including a recent timing belt/water pump kit with quality parts. Doesn't need anything major at this time, just the usual wear and tear items for this vehicle. I think it's got a fair bit of life left in it. I'm hoping for 5 years and 50K. That would bring it to 20 years old and 269K, which is a long life for a rust belt van that has done a lot of urban driving. If it's willing to try, I'm willing to help it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
200,000 miles with 2004 LE. Original owner. I want 4 more years and 50,000 miles before the end.
2004 XLE Limited with 211,000 miles and still going relatively strong thanks to an inexpensive mechanic. Bought it with 113,000 on it. I hope to get to moon distance mileage (238,000) on the old gal before I trade it in. But I'd also like to eclipse my highest mileage vehicle ever if the Sienna is willing. Put 276,000 miles on a 1987 Acura Integra I bought new.

My daughter, loved the van so much - it's what she learned to drive on - she just bought herself a cream puff 2012 XLE with 158,000 on it for her 18th birthday. It's in immaculate condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there, I bought my 2005 LE with 175K km in late 2010. It now has 410K km. I didn't hesitate to tow my 15' Trillium from Alberta (west edge, LOL) to Ontario and back a year ago' errrr, after I replaced the steering rack:) The engine might be broken in by now :)

Glen

·
Registered
8 Posts
209,000 miles here on my 2000 CE. I've driven it from South Carolina to southern Mexico 4 times. Also up the Baja peninsula twice and across the country a handful of times. Runs like scalded dog. Removed all seats and turned it into a mini-vamper . Man what a great vehicle. Thinking of driving to buy a 2004 with 56,000 now but seeing all these crazy high miles achieved by this first gens has me thinking what's the hurry.....hmmmm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This was on the Siennaclub as a thread. So how many miles do you have on your Sienna? :)

For us we have 38,924 miles on our 2007 Sienna XLE. ;D
Bought 9-16-08 with 20,810 miles. So that's 18,114 miles we put on it in about 6-7 months. 8)
250,000 on an 2004 CE

·
Registered
21 Posts
2006 Sienna LE, original owner with 258000 miles. Engine and transmission have never been serviced except for fluid change and spark plugs. Replaced three wheel bearings, one radiator and thermostat, lower ball joint, both front axles, tie rods and end links. the power sliding door cable was broken and the door remote control sub-assembly was not working anymore. I was about to give it up due to its advanced age (not mileage) and get the new sienna, but decided to hold it a little longer.
The van has been plagued by suspension problem in the last two years but after I replaced those parts it handles better.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Screenshot_20210125-082319_Video Player.jpg

Following are still originals: both LCAs, passenger CV axle, wheel bearings, engine, transmission, steering rack, PS pump, radiator, cat converters and sensors, and AC system. She's bulletproof! I bet she was manufactured on a Wednesday. It scares me though when I drive her and I'm 2-3 hours away. I got lucky when my heater inlet/outlet pipe went out. I was close to home.
I asked my wife's opinion IF my Sienna breaks down and repair is upwards of $3k to $4k, what would she do? I didn't like her answer.

441 - 460 of 472 Posts